Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashes 17/18  (Read 47944 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, December 2, 2017, 10:04:42 »

Could happily have more d/n tests in Australia, nice way to start a Saturday. A few more wickets would make it even nicer.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, December 2, 2017, 12:55:57 »

Yes, great to be able to watch a full session without ruining my sleeping pattern. Good first test wicket for Craig Overton as they go, but not sure about the decision to field first. Need early brekathroughs tomorrow.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 3, 2017, 09:07:56 »

England's bowling figures after 3 Aussie innings:

943 runs, 18 wickets at an average of 52.39 and S/R of 109.83

Eek
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 3, 2017, 10:02:43 »

I can't see past another 5-0 drubbing at this point
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 3, 2017, 11:24:32 »

My head agrees with Sonic but there's still everything to play for.  To go 2 down would be terminal I fear.

Private Fraser's stats were interesting  The bear out the general impression I have gleaned from the play I have been able to watch.   Anderson was a little unlucky in the opening session but Aussies were once again patient and pretty much untroubled.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, December 3, 2017, 11:32:25 »

The rain breaks could potentially save us but from what I've seen, heard and read we're miles behind the Aussies in all departments.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, December 3, 2017, 12:03:49 »

To go 2 down would be terminal I fear.

Agreed.  We need to somehow get to Sydney only one down. 

I still believe Australia are not a particularly good team and if we could put them under some pressure late on in the series then we might just nick an unlikely drawn series.  The prospect of losing by 4 or 5  is looming rather larger however.  What a shit weekend sports-wise.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 05:08:59 »

Well. lets look like we are trying for the 5-0 whitewash.  lacking anything in the bowling attack, which is to be expected with our bowlers having such poor averages, and same goes for the batsmen, who continue to show that their averages are a good enough reflection of their abilities.  Seems that yet another quality batsman could be undone by the captaincy as well.

This lot really are going to give the mid 90's group a run for their money.  They can  barely see themselves fit to see out a session, let alone a day.  We can't seem to have teams capable of playing in multiple forms of the game, it's either Test or One Day, never both.  This lot are clearly only any good at a game that requires minimal thought and application.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 06:52:00 »

153-7.  Would have expected a couple from Cook, Root, Moeen and Bairstow to have made some sort of score beyond 20 or 30 or so.  Good point RobertT on Root.  Now compounding left field, backfiring choice to field first with just 9.  Dismal weekend's sport.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 09:03:14 »

On the bright side, Somerset provided the top wicket taker and top run scorer in the first innings'
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 11:01:20 »

Terrific session for us, can only see us being able to chase 300 though (and that's a push). Good that we showed some fight.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 13:12:03 »

You'd probably have to say that they already have enough, not sure what has got into captains these days in not enforcing follow-on's - we were there for the taking.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 13:46:10 »

You'd probably have to say that they already have enough, not sure what has got into captains these days in not enforcing follow-on's - we were there for the taking.

You can kinda understand it as they have a four man attack and at least two of them are pretty significant injury risks. Yes, they'd likely have demolished us tonight but it could easily have seemed an unnecessary risk.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, December 4, 2017, 17:16:45 »

Yeah, 4 man attack.  It's a lot to ask them to continue.  But hey by the time they are tempted to make sure they have enough runs and with a bit of weather, who knows, they might run out of time.

Precipitation presently rated at 0% for tomorrow, 10% for Wednesday and 50% for Thursday.  Hurry on weather.

The scent of Pommie blood may have given the Auusie 4 the necessary adrenalin though?
« Last Edit: Monday, December 4, 2017, 17:18:49 by RedRag » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 08:50:05 »

Bowled really well for the first time in the series but too far behind at this stage you'd think. Need another 260 or so, need the right handers to score the runs because Lyon is doing disgusting things to the lefties.

Edit: and Vince goes caught in the cordon. That is a very typical Vince dismissal.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 5, 2017, 08:56:15 by Nemo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: