Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jeremy Wray  (Read 4642 times)
Ticker45

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 13:02:34 »

I see that Jeremy Wray is head honcho of "Championship Horse Racing" which apparently is a multi-million pound themed horse racing competition called "The Series" which is to be televised next year on eight consecutive Thursday nights. Top trainers and jockeys involved for the forty eight races. No doubt Betfair will be well involved.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 16:02:42 »

I see that Jeremy Wray is head honcho of "Championship Horse Racing" which apparently is a multi-million pound themed horse racing competition called "The Series" which is to be televised next year on eight consecutive Thursday nights. Top trainers and jockeys involved for the forty eight races. No doubt Betfair will be well involved.

Wonder if Black has got his fingers in this pie?  Hmmm

Edit: Scrap that, just seen the Betfair comment!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 16:52:04 »

Wasnt Wray the reason Black pulled his cash away from Swindon because he was over spending? Pretty sure they fell out because of this,  so I would be very surprised to see them working together again.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 16:53:44 »

Yesterday, as reported by the Advertiser earlier in the day, Wray was removed from the top job at SN1 under the strict instruction of primary investor Andrew Black.

Black seemingly wanted to have in place a man, in Wray’s own words, who could “chair a board” in the directions the Betfair co-founder deemed fit.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 17:00:03 »

If Andrew Black had hung on for another season we would've made the Premier league again and he would've made his money back and then some.
Sir red ken

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 17:13:17 »

If Andrew Black had hung on for another season we would've made the Premier league again and he would've made his money back and then some.

So true and the thing that hurts the most, we've slowly slipped down since that moment in time. STFC are in Div2 and look like staying there, when we should have been in Chap/prem level now.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 17:20:41 »

Probably sustained Championship possibly, then who knows. Oh well. To be a Town fan.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 18:57:08 »

So true and the thing that hurts the most, we've slowly slipped down since that moment in time. STFC are in Div2 and look like staying there, when we should have been in Chap/prem level now.

Div 2 is now called the Championship.  I know it's difficult to get.

The Championship is now very different to when we were last there... it is now the third biggest league in Europe by aggregate crowds, only bettered by the Prem and Bundesliga 1

Our present concern should be in trying to get the infrastructure, vibe back around the club, to suggest a sustained return to Div 3 might be possible. Div 3 is our historic place, but we've slipped under Power's ownership.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 14, 2018, 19:06:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: