Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby Town vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25267 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:39:50 »

Talent can be difficult to manage, but that also takes a good manager. Who thought Ferguson would accommodate Cantona's behaviour? Vigs is a much better keeper than this level, and doesn't Power have £400k to recoup from somewhere? Is it all Vigs' fault, or might Flitcroft also be a bit of a blunt instrument?

Ferguson tended to show them the door as soon as they got too big for their boots..... pretty basic management.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 16:42:41 »

Talent can be difficult to manage, but that also takes a good manager. Who thought Ferguson would accommodate Cantona's behaviour? Vigs is a much better keeper than this level, and doesn't Power have £400k to recoup from somewhere? Is it all Vigs' fault, or might Flitcroft also be a bit of a blunt instrument?

I think you have to earn the right to get away with being a talented pain in the arse, something not often applicable to a 4th division goal keeper.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 17:04:56 »

The tide seems to have turned very quickly on Vigs. He was virtually ever-present until a few weeks ago, and viewed as maybe better than Foderingham. I didn't see much questioning of his attitude in all that time. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 17:10:41 »

The tide seems to have turned very quickly on Vigs. He was virtually ever-present until a few weeks ago, and viewed as maybe better than Foderingham. I didn't see much questioning of his attitude in all that time. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Its an odd one as ultimately no one (bar him and the club obviously) seems to know what has or in fact hasn't happened. I saw the other week the club were tweeting about certain things he was doing for FITC which would suggest that he is not too much out of favour within the club, although I suppose if you were looking for negatives you could interpret it as a punishment?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #169 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 17:14:39 »

Not entirely without question.

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56079.0

We will see him crop up in Lge2/Conference in a few years time if that attitude is anything to go by.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 17:30:25 »

I'd forgotten that. Is that what he was given the fine he paid in pennies for? Still, he was on loan then and was subsequently thought worth spending proper money on, so someone thought it was manageable back then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 17:38:01 »

JayBox on the first page of that thread. Haven't seen him on here for ages!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: