Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby Town vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25268 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 07:29:57 »

Cheers all,. That's a heck of a journey Plymred!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 10:30:36 »

So with 4 bookings to his name does that mean Dunne will never play again?!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 10:32:10 »

Cheesy Dunne was invisible most of the game last night.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 10:50:25 »

He's our only central midfielder currently fit, or in the case of Taylor, we haven't a fit LB to free him to play midfield.

His game is about competing for the ball so inevitably bookings follow, Flitters has told him he can't afford another yellow atm.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 11:12:49 »

Looking at the highlights, all three goals, especially the first two, were shocking defending.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 12:54:22 »

Let's see if Vigs makes the bench on Sat, bit concerning though, we know from his 2p fiasco previously he has a bit of an attitude and probably does not like not playing, but hopefully it is something that can be dealt with and move on, we don't want a player of his calibre and stature in the squad causing issues.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 13:14:47 »

Not forgetting that while he is not playing his value is depreciating more and more
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 13:17:57 »

Not forgetting that while he is not playing his value is depreciating more and more

I don't think he has much of a value.... not many keepers move for a fee, and those that do have to be right place, right time sorts.  I think Flitters will try to offload in the window... rightly in my opinion.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 13:20:44 »

I don't think he has much of a value.... not many keepers move for a fee, and those that do have to be right place, right time sorts.  I think Flitters will try to offload in the window... rightly in my opinion.
Agree Reg. He can fuck off for all i care, always a drama with the bloke
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:11:47 »

Agree Reg. He can fuck off for all i care, always a drama with the bloke

Let's not assume until we hear more on whats has happened - everyone jumped to the conclusion he wanted to lease when he moved back to London, but people forget it is only down the motorway he does not have to live in Swindon
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:19:45 »

Let's not assume until we hear more on whats has happened - everyone jumped to the conclusion he wanted to lease when he moved back to London, but people forget it is only down the motorway he does not have to live in Swindon

Talent can be difficult to manage, but that also takes a good manager. Who thought Ferguson would accommodate Cantona's behaviour? Vigs is a much better keeper than this level, and doesn't Power have £400k to recoup from somewhere? Is it all Vigs' fault, or might Flitcroft also be a bit of a blunt instrument?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 13:34:20 »

Talent can be difficult to manage, but that also takes a good manager. Who thought Ferguson would accommodate Cantona's behaviour? Vigs is a much better keeper than this level, and doesn't Power have £400k to recoup from somewhere? Is it all Vigs' fault, or might Flitcroft also be a bit of a blunt instrument?

Spot on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:02:03 »

everyone jumped to the conclusion he wanted to lease when he moved back to London
I didn't, I assumed he was looking to rent initially and then buy outright.
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:04:40 »

I didn't, I assumed he was looking to rent initially and then buy outright.

Cheesy Clap
Panda Paws

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:05:36 »

Talent is also worthless without hard work and attitude. I'd rather a solid gk, rather than a precociously talented but inconsistent one who's a in the pain in the arse.

And it's not like DF is the first manager to have problems with Vigs is it? If he's not careful, he's going to end up warming the bench in L1/L2 and then drifting out the game.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 23, 2017, 14:43:17 by Panda Paws » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: