Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby Town vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25462 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 21:59:33 »

Not a fair comment on tonight's showing. Don't look to RCC for the blame tonight, he was fine. We were good on the edges - Purkiss and Taylor were sound, Woolery was very lively all game - but from back to front we had no control in the middle. The centre halves were pulled all over the place by Grimsby's attack,  Goddard was invisible all game, Dunne was mainly bypassed and nothing went through to Smith or Anderson (bar the one chance he took).

Essentially, we were forced to start with an attacking line up, due to lack of bodies in midfield.  Dunne can't foul atm, with a suspension hanging over his head.  Ideally you want to bring on the cavalry later in a game, not start with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:01:21 »

Aaaah, Vigs withdrew from the warmup for mysterious reasons...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:01:48 »

Mullin is injured, tweaked something in the warm up on Sat.

Thanks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:02:08 »

I don't care how good he is, attitude like that stinks and makes the club toxic. Get rid
REDBUCK

« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:05:07 »

Well welcome back to aMoan fest thread, it's been a few weeks.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:06:14 »

I don't care how good he is, attitude like that stinks and makes the club toxic. Get rid
Do you actually know what’s gone on then, as we don’t and that’s part of the problem. I get the impression Flitcroft is no angel either so would be good to know before judging someone either way.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:07:27 »

Flitcroft: "Lawrence has decided to come out of the game. I'll certainly find out what has gone on. We videoed the warmup and see where it's at." #stfc
tans

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:13:13 »

Do you actually know what’s gone on then, as we don’t and that’s part of the problem. I get the impression Flitcroft is no angel either so would be good to know before judging someone either way.

Bury fans did say to expect this kind of thing, turning on the fans favourites etc
tans

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:16:49 »

But yes, lets find out what has happened first
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:30:46 »

I’d like to see Vigs back in goal, but that seems to be looking increasingly unlikely if there’s some sort of ongoing issue.  It needs to be resolved.  It feels similar to the Caddis fiasco.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:40:08 »

I’d like to see Vigs back in goal, but that seems to be looking increasingly unlikely if there’s some sort of ongoing issue.  It needs to be resolved.  It feels similar to the Caddis fiasco.
It's costing us on aswell as off the pitch imo. Nothing against RCC but I just feel the defence would be more assured knowing that Vigs was behind them. He was good in L1 so should be one of, if not the best, in L2.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 22:53:37 »

Honestly can't imagine that any other team has the "unavailability" problems that we have.I mean 4 on the bench?Never heard of that before

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, November 21, 2017, 23:49:56 »

Honestly can't imagine that any other team has the "unavailability" problems that we have.I mean 4 on the bench?Never heard of that before

The U18's had a game today, I'd suspect you'd be able to put more on the bench if they didn't have a game. Its weighing up them having a full 90 for U18's vs probably not coming on for the senior team.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 00:39:19 »

Grimsby played at high tempo throughout, which we struggled to cope with.

If Goddard had taken that chance in 2nd half then probably game over at 3-1.

Hopefully just a minor blip and remedied with a win at the weekend.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, November 22, 2017, 01:42:17 »

Stop off in swindon, 2.5 hours to go.

They could/should have been 3 up after first 20 or so, we were all over the place and couldn't cope. Great strike from Anderson, lucky 2nd goal and then we looked comfortable until the break.

Always thought they would score again as they looked dangerous. We were unlucky not to get a third with goddards lovely counter attack strike but I don't have too many complaints with the result as the performance overall wasn't good enough today.

Officials were shite, blatant deflections being given as goal kicks pissed me off a treat.

Lack of subs was a big problem, hope we have some back for next game. Fucking long day, decent fish/chips, shit town, crap result but didn't have to see the mother in law - GET IN.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: