Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Yeovil Match Day Thread  (Read 18915 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 22:09:11 »

I do. I got a medal to prove it. literally.

we lost 1-0 iirc.

I had a very nice fish and chip supper to compensate.

hth.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 22:14:26 »

I enjoyed that today. Aways good when you win with a deserved late winner, even better when you've stuck a few quid on us to win at half time.

Not a great first half, soft goal - Taylor got beat too easily and the keeper got beat at the near post.

Better second half and deserved to win. Yeovil wasted lots of time which came back to hurt them and quite rightly so.

Being critical I think we look solid at the back and but need to improve going forward IMO. I know we play it down the channels but I'd like to see Norris and Smith more prevalent in the box. On quite a few occasions the the ball was played in and there was no one there. The younger guys - Anderson, Woolery and Gordon need to make better decisions when on the ball, Anderson in particular runs into dead ends when a simple ball would've sufficed. 

I think the team is crying out for playmaker and I'd like that to be Goddard but he needs to improve.

Overall another win and a fun day out with the boy

Anderson needs to do a couple of step overs and shot or pass....he does ten and then gives the ball away. How many times did he run into high tower today??

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 22:33:07 »

I do. I got a medal to prove it. literally.

we lost 1-0 iirc.

I had a very nice fish and chip supper to compensate.

hth.

Still got mine. A nice gesture.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 23:13:40 »

It's the logistics as much as anything... day off tomorrow, do we travel on Monday  Hmmm  or more likely early Tuesday. Players have a few knocks etc makes it more difficult, I'd say a clear week and travel Friday to play Saturday gives you more of a chance.

We've struggled a bit home or away with midweek fixtures so far

Sure, just like the other 71 FL teams we have 2 games in quick succession and need to swiftly refocus.

But we are playing a team which has scored 1 goal in its last 6 games (which came vs Sunderland U21s in front of 250 fans), hasn't won at home since 16 September, and has failed to score in any of its last 4 home league games. We are in good form and are pinging in goals from all angles.

We have cover in every position if required. As the recent games have shown, such cover is more than adequate.

I fancy us for a win anyway. Do you reckon we'll lose?
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 23:29:21 by ferret » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 01:45:09 »

Sure, just like the other 71 FL teams we have 2 games in quick succession and need to swiftly refocus.

But we are playing a team which has scored 1 goal in its last 6 games (which came vs Sunderland U21s in front of 250 fans), hasn't won at home since 16 September, and has failed to score in any of its last 4 home league games. We are in good form and are pinging in goals from all angles.

We have cover in every position if required. As the recent games have shown, such cover is more than adequate.

I fancy us for a win anyway. Do you reckon we'll lose?

I'll be happy with a point... remember winning there in 4-3 in 67, then nothing to the Mooney season, when we won 2-1 midweek, which convinced me Kingy's side might be on to something.. Make no mistake it's a difficult place to take anything back other than the boxes of kippers left outside the dressing rooms for the players  ps I don't think they do that any more.
REDBUCK

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 06:32:01 »

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/HeadToHead.asp?Team=Grimsby_Town&B1=Go%21
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 08:18:11 »

It's been said countless times before but can't be said often enough - that's an awesome website.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 09:54:46 »

Not a bad day out in the end. Sampled some decent ciders.

Didn't particularly enjoy the game, but the win is the main thing.

Poor goal conceded.
Impressed with Gordon when he came on. Woolery is improving with every game.
Goddard played very well and good to see him competing in the head tennis duels in midfield, hopefully he can start chipping in with a few goals.

Taylor is our principle hoofer in open play.
Norris was a bit off the pace, probably guilty at the direct hit on someone during the "finishing" drills.
Yes, it hurt.

And note to self. Do not ever leave a game early again.  Doh

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 11:03:04 »

And note to self. Do not ever leave a game early again.  Doh

Smiley Smiley Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 11:10:47 »

I have left games early several times over the years but we've never been less the 3 down when I've done it.

On another note, I've spotted that we are at home to Luton and Notts County between Christmas and New Year. That will sort the men from the boys  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, November 19, 2017, 23:11:36 »

I'm going to make an effort this year and attend a game, probably over the Christmas period.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, November 20, 2017, 08:20:51 »

Christmas 2016?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, November 20, 2017, 09:21:55 »

Yes

My last home game was against Yeovil a few years back and we lost one nil, it was a pub crawl with the Flash and Victor Mildew, with a lift back to Calne from Jutty. More beer, a wobble home and a thick head all Sunday. Great day out  Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, November 20, 2017, 09:25:13 by 4D » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, November 20, 2017, 09:24:55 »

Yeovil were awful, with that standard of football it is no wonder their attendances are shocking. Once we stopped looking long and played it more on the floor we tore them to pieces. A deserved 3 points.

I come from a land down-under
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, November 20, 2017, 21:05:30 »

Yes

My last home game was against Yeovil a few years back and we lost one nil, it was a pub crawl with the Flash and Victor Mildew, with a lift back to Calne from Jutty. More beer, a wobble home and a thick head all Sunday. Great day out  Smiley

It's your round!

We are out every week....open invite.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: