Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Yeovil Match Day Thread  (Read 18923 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 19:36:23 »

Yeovil are shite, and it really was there for the taking last 20.

Thought RCC should have done a lot better for the goal, and Taylor too probably because he got roasted down the left. We grew into it and were much better 2nd half, Gordon looked great when he came on and Woolery caused problems. That's what 7 in 9 away? Fantastic record, good fight from the team and it looks like a team that's capable of promotion, as long as we start winning more often at home!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 19:37:40 »

Thought we dominated that - any other result would have been a travesty.

I thought we played really well - still no nonsense at the back, but more passing in midfield and upfront. More I see of a Woolery the more I’m impressed. Shame about a Elsnik but we’ve got a helluva squad for this league. Getting dubious regarding RCC - hope Vigs bench appearance is a harbinger of him starting again soon.

Lively in The Arrow beforehand and a great turn out from a Town fans.

Good day out, enhanced by our late winner netting me £450 on a 4 team accy!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 19:43:06 »

Thought we dominated that - any other result would have been a travesty.

I thought we played really well - still no nonsense at the back, but more passing in midfield and upfront. More I see of a Woolery the more I’m impressed. Shame about a Elsnik but we’ve got a helluva squad for this league. Getting dubious regarding RCC - hope Vigs bench appearance is a harbinger of him starting again soon.

Lively in The Arrow beforehand and a great turn out from a Town fans.

Good day out, enhanced by our late winner netting me £450 on a 4 team accy!

Nice one Auds. Always good to beat the bookie. Even more so when you've backed one of your own!  Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 19:46:08 »

Great away experience in the beer tent with a pasty and a pint at £4:95....but the crowd!? WTF? Just over 3000 with 1200 odd Swindon.....the worst crowd I have seen of my numerous visits, even the Sky game had more. Missed out on a planned pint with JJ.....Get Well Soon my old mate!

At various times in the past, we've had to listen to commentators claiming that Bristol City vs Yeovil was the 'massive' West Country Derby, implying that we were now in the rear view mirror.  And that clubs liken Rushden & Diamonds were the future.  All temporary.  Clubs like Yeovil & Cheltenham rise up through the ranks, and then fade away just as quickly.  At our lowest ebb, we still pull in 5,000 every week.  We need to remember that.  Do ourselves down sometimes.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 19:53:55 »

At various times in the past, we've had to listen to commentators claiming that Bristol City vs Yeovil was the 'massive' West Country Derby, implying that we were now in the rear view mirror.  And that clubs liken Rushden & Diamonds were the future.  All temporary.  Clubs like Yeovil & Cheltenham rise up through the ranks, and then fade away just as quickly.  At our lowest ebb, we still pull in 5,000 every week.  We need to remember that.  Do ourselves down sometimes.
Good turnout today,   1144 town fans,   3622 gate, piss poor home gate. Almost 30% of the gate filled by away fans.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:01:24 »

Good turnout today,   1144 town fans,   3622 gate, piss poor home gate. Almost 30% of the gate filled by away fans.

Actually more than 30% of the gate. 30% of 3622 would be 1086.6. 1144 works out just over 31.5% maybe you meant "almost 1/3"  Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:03:14 »

'Citeh'...have 6 away wins...we have 7 (that's SEVEN Pep - count them and weep)

Plus we've now won 5 straight away games in all comps, for the third time in our history (1927/8 and 1986 were the others).

Win on Tuesday and it'll be the first time we've ever managed 6 in a row in all comps.

We were definitely worth the win today and regularly looked like scoring after a poor opening 20. Norris was the weakest link and we finally turned the screw after he was replaced with a bit of pace and energy.

Another step forward.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:13:09 »

Not convinced about Smith and Norris starting together today. Norris especially looks a little off the pace. I’d like to see more of Mullin, too.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:13:26 »

Plus we've now won 5 straight away games in all comps, for the third time in our history (1927/8 and 1986 were the others).

Win on Tuesday and it'll be the first time we've ever managed 6 in a row in all comps.

Hope to be there to witness it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:13:57 »

We were definitely worth the win today and regularly looked like scoring after a poor opening 20. Norris was the weakest link and we finally turned the screw after he was replaced with a bit of pace and energy.

Another step forward.

I prefer to just look at league games... in 85/86 we won 6 in a row which was literally 6 in a row as we had no home games, due to the straw on the pitch... but there was a defeat at Rovers in the then equivalent of the Boycott Trophy. To get anything at Grimsby on Tuesday is going to be difficult, just the sort of horrible obstacle that needs to be overcome. I can't even remember the last time we went to Blundell Park
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:15:49 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:22:56 »

I prefer to just look at league games... in 85/86 we won 6 in a row which was literally 6 in a row as we had no home games, due to the straw on the pitch... but there was a defeat at Rovers in the then equivalent of the Boycott Trophy. To get anything at Grimsby on Tuesday is going to be difficult, just the sort of horrible obstacle that needs to be overcome. I can't even remember the last time we went to Blundell Park

I prefer not to distinguish between competitive games of football . Granted, we ought to win at Dartford, but a defeat there could have derailed the season. And the win was so convincing that it warrants a place on the list.

As you've justifiably tended to point out in advance, most away games (including today's) are going to represent a challenge. That's the case for most teams in most divisions.

Having said that, we do keep winning them on merit. And there's no reason why we shouldn't do so again on Tuesday versus a lower mid table team in mediocre form.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:32:32 »

I prefer not to distinguish between competitive games of football . Granted, we ought to win at Dartford, but a defeat there could have derailed the season. And the win was so convincing that it warrants a place on the list.

As you've justifiably tended to point out in advance, most away games (including today's) are going to represent a challenge. That's the case for most teams in most divisions.

Having said that, we do keep winning them on merit. And there's no reason why we shouldn't do so again on Tuesday versus a lower mid table team in mediocre form.

It's the logistics as much as anything... day off tomorrow, do we travel on Monday  Hmmm  or more likely early Tuesday. Players have a few knocks etc makes it more difficult, I'd say a clear week and travel Friday to play Saturday gives you more of a chance.

We've struggled a bit home or away with midweek fixtures so far
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:36:50 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 20:34:32 »

It will be tough, and I feel sure we'd have had no chance with last year's team, but if we play like we did at the Wembley of the North we'll be fine.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
china red

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 21:54:36 »

Didn’t we go about 40 years without a win there but won during sturrocks time at the club?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, November 18, 2017, 22:08:41 »

I enjoyed that today. Aways good when you win with a deserved late winner, even better when you've stuck a few quid on us to win at half time.

Not a great first half, soft goal - Taylor got beat too easily and the keeper got beat at the near post.

Better second half and deserved to win. Yeovil wasted lots of time which came back to hurt them and quite rightly so.

Being critical I think we look solid at the back and but need to improve going forward IMO. I know we play it down the channels but I'd like to see Norris and Smith more prevalent in the box. On quite a few occasions the the ball was played in and there was no one there. The younger guys - Anderson, Woolery and Gordon need to make better decisions when on the ball, Anderson in particular runs into dead ends when a simple ball would've sufficed.  

I think the team is crying out for playmaker and I'd like that to be Goddard but he needs to improve.

Overall another win and a fun day out with the boy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: