Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Spirites  (Read 27749 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 17:53:47 »

It’s the first goal the keeper should be dissapointed with, not the second

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 19:38:46 »

did Barry get much shit from our fans?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 19:42:33 »

Nah not really i dont think
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 21:41:52 »

didn't hear any stick at all
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 21:43:51 »

From the Chesterfield forum...sour...grapes...much?
 Cheesy

They are also suggesting that it was our club doctor than conspired to stop their player with concussion coming out for the 2nd half despite him having concussion  Roll Eyes

From the Chesterfield forum...sour...grapes...much?
 Cheesy

They are also suggesting that it was our club doctor than conspired to stop their player with concussion coming out for the 2nd half despite him having concussion  Roll Eyes

Least he could do...he was shite.

Report him to the FA...

Clems Army!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 06:51:13 »

At the end of the game he got a fair bit from the DRS

It's All Good..............
normy

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:12:33 »

Barry came over close to where I was in the DRS and he looked up at the crowd, quite a few booed him I don't know why, but  I clapped him as he has done nothing anti-STFC as far as I know.

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:42:49 »

At the end of the game he got a fair bit from the DRS

I had completely forgotten about Brad Barry. What number was he?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:45:33 »

Flashheart

« Reply #144 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:49:35 »

He didn't do much wrong, did he? I know he wasn't much good, but he at least tried? Why should people give him stick?
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 10:51:08 »

Shame that some booed Barry. After all it was Swindon that released him. He always worked hard in the games that I saw him play.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 11:09:59 »

Shame that some booed Barry. After all it was Swindon that released him. He always worked hard in the games that I saw him play.

Bradley came to be seen as a symptom of all that was wrong with the Power/Sherwood/Williams/Embers regime 

In his first season his attacking play was OK, even if his defensive play was lamentable, therefore on the odd occasion he could look like a lower league footballer. The second season turned to shit, but I don't recall him being involved in any of the unsavoury stuff which blighted the Williams reign.

It was generally thought that like Anton, who was brought in to get players off of Brendan and Harry Agomabar was brought in to keep Tommy sweet,  Bradley came in because of the link to Gareth and his Banzai app.

However for a while he did resemble a player.

Therefore I think the anger directed at Bradley, is really just displaced anger towards the aforementioned quartet, rather than personal.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #147 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 12:06:54 »

Bradley came to be seen as a symptom of all that was wrong with the Power/Sherwood/Williams/Embers regime 

In his first season his attacking play was OK, even if his defensive play was lamentable, therefore on the odd occasion he could look like a lower league footballer. The second season turned to shit, but I don't recall him being involved in any of the unsavoury stuff which blighted the Williams reign.

It was generally thought that like Anton, who was brought in to get players off of Brendan and Harry Agomabar was brought in to keep Tommy sweet,  Bradley came in because of the link to Gareth and his Banzai app.

However for a while he did resemble a player.

Therefore I think the anger directed at Bradley, is really just displaced anger towards the aforementioned quartet, rather than personal.
I concur.

I thought he looked pretty poor Saturday TBH against us, no real reason to boo him, he was just not very good.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 14:26:54 »

Don't have an issue with the reaction of the Chesterfield fans, I'd have been equally as pissed off. I'm guessing the main ones complaining weren't there and didn't witness the blatant pen (and probably a red?) plus the header that crossed the line. Two wrongs don't make a right, but we were owed something at least.

What I have issue with is Jack Lester and the Chesterfield supporters suddenly having abetter medical opinion than a club doctor. Head injuries need to be treated seriously and if a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL thinks it is a risk to send a player out, he simply can't do it. If the lad had come out for the second half and collapsed, I imagine we'd have been torn to bits by them. To put it down as us trying to advantage our own team is not only nonsense but utterly pathetic. We lost a player in the same incident.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, November 13, 2017, 14:43:22 »

Only need to tune in tonight to Alan Shearer’s programme about footballers and dementia to appreciate that ‘we’ did the right thing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: