Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Spirites  (Read 27751 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 07:40:09 »

We work hard as a team which is refreshing to see.
Sometimes we press a little too much and get pulled out of position; in the 2nd half we gave them so much space down the right and they created a lot of chances.

A clear pen + sending off which the ref bottled and a clear goal not given made my piss boil.

I know shit refs are becoming a common problem again but he was fucking useless.
He slightly redeemed himself at the end by rewarding us a very soft penalty, but that was the wrong decision also in my opinion. A deserved point but 2 dropped really.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 08:40:16 »

I knew the ref would be shite from early on when he gave them a free kick after one of their players nearly took Anderson’s head off with a high boot.

Thought Woolery had a fine game - our first goal came about from his trickery out on the right.

Our problem second half down their right was poor old Taylor who takes all the corners, free kicks and puts in plenty of crosses just doesn’t have the legs to track back. Be interesting to see if Hussey gets straight back in when fit.

Played some good stuff in spells but still too much aimless hoofing for my liking.

Talked myself into going to Yeovil Saturday - that’ll put a kibosh on our fine away record!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 09:32:51 »

One of the more eventful games this season, enjoyed it and felt like a win at the end.

The energy levels seemed to drop off in the second half.
Taylor played very narrow and didn't have a lot of support so they had loads of space to use.
He's done ok so far, but I'd be tempted to put Hussey back in when fit.

Haven't seen their second one back yet, but judging by the comments no hint of it being a flukey one, but it did seem to catch RCC by surprise.

Chesterfield should be ok this season on that evidence and they seem to have the full catalogue of dark arts to call upon.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 09:41:49 »

I thought chesterfield switched things up second half, and used the wing backs more which exploited the lack of width in our side.

Norris header looked miles over from the top of the Arkells.

Reece-Cooke had another Phil smith game

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 09:48:54 »

Hmmm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11750/11122970/did-swindon-town-header-cross-the-line-against-chesterfield
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 10:03:20 »

Haven't seen their second one back yet, but judging by the comments no hint of it being a flukey one, but it did seem to catch RCC by surprise.

http://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/929389185693339648

RCC definately slips there while moving but McCourt should have been closed down.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 10:51:36 »

anyone catch the attendance
presumably not announced at the match?

I haven't seen it anywhere.  indeed only Lg 2 attendance not recorded in my Sunday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:00:01 »

In this draw v Spireites, we had 2 "goals" not given. 

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19960106

The fracas after Carr, a typical Bristolian, sees red is quality,  especially for the involvement of Sean Dyche (no 10), who I think was trying to act as peacemaker.

One ginger, balding midfielder from that game was to become a top flight boss and it wasn't Steve McMahon.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:02:03 »

presumably not announced at the match?

I haven't seen it anywhere.  indeed only Lg 2 attendance not recorded in my Sunday.
Its not been announced anywhere officially, didn't look much more than 6,000 to me.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:04:25 by Peter Venkman » Logged

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:09:34 »

That's a worldie
Peter Venkman

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:12:44 »

That's a worldie
I think its a bit unfair to put the blame entirely on RCC for that, he did slip while moving but it was as close to the top corner as he will ever score in his life. Disapppointed the midfield didn't close him down quicker though.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:17:40 »

I take it that there was again no mention post match by Flitcroft as to why Vigs was not on the bench again yesterday?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:27:49 »

From the Chesterfield forum...sour...grapes...much?

Wonder if Norris will get a retrospective ban for diving?
Cheesy

They are also suggesting that it was our club doctor than conspired to stop their player with concussion coming out for the 2nd half despite him having concussion  Roll Eyes

It now seems doctors are being used by clubs to influence games.

I think we should be reporting this whole affair to the FL

Listening to the Swindon manager David Flitcroft in his post match interview he said the 4th official told the referee through his earpiece that Anyon was holding back the Swindon player and it was a penalty but the referee ignored his advice saying that he was watching the ball and did not see the incident

Its obvious therefore imo as has been said after the two officials would have talked at halftime the referee would have been desperate to even up his mistake and hey presto in the last Bl**dy minute of injury time that opportunity appeared

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:36:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 11:39:13 »

http://twitter.com/jiff1967/status/929389185693339648

RCC definately slips there while moving but McCourt should have been closed down.

Yep, that's a cracking strike. I suspect that RCC will still be disappointed to be beaten by that.
The slip didn't help but he probably should have been a yard or two further forward to start with.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 12:29:09 »

I knew the ref would be shite from early on when he gave them a free kick after one of their players nearly took Anderson’s head off with a high boot.
It was hard to see from the DRS but Anderson brought the ball down with his hand. It was the  correct decision unless the high boot came first.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 12:47:54 by ReadingRed » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: