Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town v Spirites  (Read 27753 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 17:59:21 »

Flashheart

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 18:44:35 »

I can't tell either way from that angle.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 18:57:17 »

The lino was well placed. But useless. No help there then.

Anywho, first half we were very comfortable. Chesterfield looked OK on the break but didn't really threaten. Trouble was we didn't really create clearcut chances either. But balls into the channel and Woolery's pace looked like unlocking them.

Second half, great turn from Elsnik with a finish to match. Great, we go on to crush them. Nope. Slowly but surely Chesterfield turned into the better team. The equaliser was very poorly defended. The thus far immaculate Preston couldn't get his head on the ball (or left it) and RCC didn't get there. If Preston has left it because RCC called it that's poor keeping. But I suspect it wasn't purposely left.

Then they go ahead with that strike. Again too much space allowed by the midfield, but a sweet strike. I don't think it would have been saved.

Nice try at the antics for a very soft penalty at the end. But well done Norris, who looked understandably not at the races for a lot of match.

Still can't believe Woolery was replaced and Anderson played 90 though

A costly game, 2 points gone (deservedly mind) and 2 injuries.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 19:36:01 »

Thought the players looked knackered today. First half was ok. We looked pretty good without creating too much. Looked a blatant pen when keeper took Woolery but lino in front of DRS was shit all half. Nice to see a few of their players pointing to the tunnel when Woolery got a deserved yellow. Their no 26 also got away with calling the ref a cunt to his face unless my lip reading was a bit awry.

In the second half our midfield went walkies and their no 24 pissed through the midfield whenever he wanted until Elsnik took him out late on. Great turn and goal by Elsnik. The first goal was a defensive fuck up worthy of last season. Their second was a great strike but no challenge from our non existent  midfield. Their no 20 should then have had 3 yellows in 10 minutes but only got 1. There were really crap crosses coming in and probably from the worst of them we got a penalty. They tried every trick in the book to put Norris off and fair play to him that he kept his cool.

I'm not too disappointed today. we had to make 2 early unexpected subs. Although our crossing was generally crap, the ball didn't really run for us today. Even 2-1 down, I felt we could come back and win. That not something I've felt for 2.5 years. These players are forming a team and its good to see a team who leave it on the pitch not a collection of fucking oddballs and curios who do not give a fuck. Thats a very big and very welcome cultural change. I still think top 10 but outside play offs but I'm enjoying my football again.   
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 20:00:07 »

Result aside, I was encouraged today by a noticeable reduction in hoofing.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 20:04:12 »

We were at that end in line and RCC defy shouted to Preston to leave the ball
normy

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 20:11:30 »

I heard RCC shout something to Preston, possibly leave it

ust be the oldest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 20:15:10 »

Well, that clears that up then. thanks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 20:15:54 »

Quote from: Flashheart
Result aside, I was encouraged today by a noticeable reduction in hoofing.
first half I thought we played very well indeed, last 5 aside.
woolster

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 22:06:19 »

anyone catch the attendance
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 22:11:08 »

Solid performance let down by a keeper error and failing to close down quickly. The plus for me is that we kept fighting to the very end.

Ref was shit and bottled sending off their keeper. Not sure about our pen at the end - seemed a bit soft but well tucked away by Norris.

And I met Batch  Grin

And Leftside  Grin
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 23:14:07 »

I realised today that I really did not give two shits about our result. I checked after full time and only in the way I’d check other results for teams I follow. The last couple of years has totally killed off my interest and only through the habit of using this forum do I have any idea what is going on.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 23:38:48 »

It'll come back. I've been to one game (Yeovil. Well it was a piss up with the flash and Victor mildew  Smiley) since the preston shambles. I'm tempted again.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 23:40:24 by 4D » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 05:51:04 »

It'll come back. I've been to one game (Yeovil. Well it was a piss up with the flash and Victor mildew  Smiley) since the preston shambles. I'm tempted again.

Round avoider!

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, November 12, 2017, 05:58:16 »

Well as usual I was well oiled but I thought in the end we got out of Jail...

Looking at the clips I find it incredible that a referee in modern football can miss Woolery being held by their keeper....just plain shocking that.

Did the ball go over the line.?...being pissed up in the TE, no idea.

It was Chesterfields first goal that turned the tide.

Second goal one of the best I have seen at the CG...superb.

Pen looked harsh to me but on balance of total fuck ups the ref got it right.
Chesterfield had got away with pretty much everything all game so the free for all at the end was no surprise....

Onwards to Yeovil my first away game since ... Can't remember!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: