Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers -v- Swindon Town tonight  (Read 17044 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 17:42:50 »

My first reaction when checking the score this morning was "oh shit".

on reflection a win is always good for team confidence as well as a boost for some fringe players.

Woolery's goal reminded me of the Don's numerous one on one goals, just as his goal against Exeter had.  Timing, speed and absolute cool in front of an advancing keeper.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 17:52:40 »

Woolery's goal reminded me of the Don's numerous one on one goals, just as his goal against Exeter had.  Timing, speed and absolute cool in front of an advancing keeper.
Exactly why we need to play to his strengths not just hoof it up to him when he plays, get the ball to his feet or in space in front of him and let him open up defences with his pace.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 17:54:04 »

Only seen Woolery once so far this season play through the middle - on debut. He looked handy but hasn't had much of a sniff since. Strikes me as an out and out striker, and not much else, despite us trying to get stuff out of him elsewhere.

Interesting to Iandolo seemingly do alright at LB too.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 18:17:01 »

I wasn’t too convinced by Iandolo at LB but he did cope with a lot of Rovers attacks coming from that side. Mullin helped him out well.

Woolery waltzed through their defence at times. I imagine he will be great in a winning/confident side, I can see why he did well for FGR at Wembley.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 18:27:49 »

I wasn’t too convinced by Iandolo at LB but he did cope with a lot of Rovers attacks coming from that side. Mullin helped him out well.

Woolery waltzed through their defence at times. I imagine he will be great in a winning/confident side, I can see why he did well for FGR at Wembley.
Steve White said that Iandolo looked pretty good at LB yesterday and that he didn't look out of place at all, TBH I had forgotten all about him this season, sounds like he needs a run in a 1st team on loan a league or so down from ours, its good to have versatility though.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 18:31:16 »

I’m not an expert. Iandolo wasn’t terrible but I just wonder how he’d cope in a higher stakes that’s all.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 18:36:03 »

I’m not an expert. Iandolo wasn’t terrible but I just wonder how he’d cope in a higher stakes that’s all.
Not saying your opinion is not right, far from it, but Steve White and the other commentator said they were both very impressed by him last night.

If he played well enough against a L1 side then maybe there is hope for him, could be handy to have on the bench if he is that versatile.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 18:51:35 »

Not saying your opinion is not right, far from it, but Steve White and the other commentator said they were both very impressed by him last night.

If he played well enough against a L1 side then maybe there is hope for him, could be handy to have on the bench if he is that versatile.

Iandolo does look to have something about him still only 20. It took Alan Mac a while to finally get a position which suited his talents... I remember seeing him play at Somerton Park in 86 as a right back it wasn't until 89, when he was put into a more advanced role and scored v Oxford, that the penny dropped. Perhaps hope for Ellis yet.  PS anyone know what's happened to Jordan Young?
Panda Paws

« Reply #68 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 19:12:14 »

Iandolo does look to have something about him still only 20. It took Alan Mac a while to finally get a position which suited his talents... I remember seeing him play at Somerton Park in 86 as a right back it wasn't until 89, when he was put into a more advanced role and scored v Oxford, that the penny dropped. Perhaps hope for Ellis yet.  PS anyone know what's happened to Jordan Young?

On Young - Long term injury I believe.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 18:59:25 »

Assuming we finish second in the group, we play Luton away next. In the unlikely event we finish top, we'll be at home to FGR. Don't think it gets decided until near the end of this month.  Zzz
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 12:28:10 »

Assuming we finish second in the group, we play Luton away next. In the unlikely event we finish top, we'll be at home to FGR. Don't think it gets decided until near the end of this month.  Zzz
Forgive me if I'm being thick but why is the final make-up of our group still undecided. I thought West Ham won it & we finished 2nd??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 12:41:18 »

They've only played 2 games. If they lose their last game we could go above them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 12:44:33 »

The fuckwittery of the competition means that whu and Wycombe still have to play, and should Wycombe win they could be disposed from top spot
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, November 11, 2017, 13:12:19 »

Cheers both.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: