Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers -v- Swindon Town tonight  (Read 17045 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 13:46:13 »

Aren't we playing Rovers tonight ??,  Half past one and still no thread,  so let's do it,   not sure how many tickets we've sold but presume by the interest shown on here it must be very few - useless competition IMO,  anyway hoping for a win just to get revenge for last season but have that sneaky feeling we'll be bowing out of the competition with a draw. Again that may not be a bad thing as we can then concentrate on the league.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 13:49:42 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 13:56:17 »

There is some sort of training session that both teams are involved in, yes.  Can you draw?  Thought they complete the session with a penalties drill.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 14:00:05 »

Good point,  had forgotten about that,  shows how much interest I have in the competition !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 14:08:55 »

I wouldn't mind if we went out tonight. Maybe get a draw and lose on penalties so as not to disturb the momentum too much.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 14:13:37 »

If nothing else, then a useful barometer of sorts to see where we are in relation to one of the giants of League 1.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 14:35:22 »

Rumours that all is not well at The Mem. Players not getting paid, the supposedly mega rich Sheikh actually hasn’t got a pot to piss in and there is an expected fire sale in the wind.

Anyways, I don’t want our little winning run to end but then again I want out of this cup. Looking forward to Saturday.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 14:46:45 »

Rumours that all is not well at The Mem. Players not getting paid, the supposedly mega rich Sheikh actually hasn’t got a pot to piss in and there is an expected fire sale in the wind.

Anyways, I don’t want our little winning run to end but then again I want out of this cup. Looking forward to Saturday.
It appears the information from a little birdy that I got back when he took over is coming true then...

The "newly minted" Rovers is not as it seems, the new owners are in it for ground redevelopment and not investing in the team, they have given Clarke no funds for new signings because they do not have ready cash as they are property investors.

Rovers will have no more money than we have for new signings this summer and Clarke has been told to trim is squad.

But the injection of money at board level, paying off Rovers debts in the process, seemed to give them the impetus for a winning run towards the end of the season which gained them promotion, the feel good factor as it were pushing the fans and players on to 10 wins in 13 matches.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 15:43:54 »

It appears the information from a little birdy that I got back when he took over is coming true then...

Quote from: Peter Venkman on Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 18:33:17
The "newly minted" Rovers is not as it seems, the new owners are in it for ground redevelopment and not investing in the team, they have given Clarke no funds for new signings because they do not have ready cash as they are property investors.

Rovers will have no more money than we have for new signings this summer and Clarke has been told to trim is squad.

But the injection of money at board level, paying off Rovers debts in the process, seemed to give them the impetus for a winning run towards the end of the season which gained them promotion, the feel good factor as it were pushing the fans and players on to 10 wins in 13 matches.

AKA the bubble is about to burst for BRFC!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 15:54:31 »

I hope we progress

Flitcroft seems to put a friendly on behind closed doors anyway if we don't have a game in midweek so may as well just make it a semi competitive match
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 16:02:56 »

I hope we progress

Flitcroft seems to put a friendly on behind closed doors anyway if we don't have a game in midweek so may as well just make it a semi competitive match

Agree and keeps momentum going (hopefully). Not as much risk of injury in this competition as it's clear not many give a flying flamingo about it. Let's use it as a positive tool to keep players fresh, try a few training ground moves in a match situation, etc, etc. I'll go for 1-1, not bothered who wins penalties but will be nice to keep this open exercise available to give fringe players/injury returnees a run out. Basically it's a competition for the reserves. The top performers hopefully doing enough to get back in the first team...unless your surname begins with V and ends with igeroux...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 17:33:20 »

There is some sort of training session that both teams are involved in, yes.  Can you draw?  Thought they complete the session with a penalties drill.

I think its decided by a game of paper scissors, stone, in China to reflect the worldwide market they are looking to attract.
Amir

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 17:47:58 »

I hope we progress

Apparently the Torquay boss wasn't too happy when we put out a full strength side against them a few weeks back, and we ended up doing them 10-1 or something.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 17:56:00 »

Apparently the Torquay boss wasn't too happy when we put out a full strength side against them a few weeks back, and we ended up doing them 10-1 or something.
Hah no he wasn't
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 18:01:01 »

I wouldn't mind if we went out tonight. Maybe get a draw and lose on penalties so as not to disturb the momentum too much.

Yup!
Amir

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 18:08:48 »

Hah no he wasn't

Someone who spoke to him at the game said he was. Maybe he was only very slightly miffed and didn't want to cause a scene Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: