Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dartford v Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 25197 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 09:36:12 »

So what would constitute a good draw in the 2nd Round?  As above, I think potential for good draws begins in the round after this.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 09:43:36 »

So what would constitute a good draw in the 2nd Round?  As above, I think potential for good draws begins in the round after this.
Home tie vs non league opposition, even though I know we are better away from home its still my idea of a good 2nd round draw, easier on paper than league opponents.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 09:52:20 »

I'm happy enough with the draw. 30 minutes from Kings Cross and a new ground.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:07:52 »

I think a shit draw is an overstatement if anything its a bit of a meh draw.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:12:59 »

For me I class it as a pretty shit draw because its easily as loseable as it is winnable (yes I know all games are really) . Its against a team with poor home support (who got under 1,500 for the last home game) so we will get a meagre share from gate reciepts. Absolutely no chance of it being shown live on TV so missing out on a possible cash windfall (we got 」20k from US TV rights vs Dartford).

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:15:12 »

We've forgotten what it's like to be in the 2nd round, but usually there might only be a handful of exciting draws..... a few more really horrible draws say Carlisle, Morecambe away and the bulk will be uninspiring.

This one leans towards the shit end, because they're in the same league, and as Ferret pointed out it means we'll postpone the Jan 6th Saturday fixture win or lose.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:34:24 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:17:05 »

We've forgotten what it's like to be in the 2nd round, but usually there might only be a handful of exciting draws..... a few more really horrible draws say Carlisle, Morecambe away and the bulk will be uninspiring.

This one leans towards the shit end, because they're in the same league, and as Ferret pointed out it means we'll lpotpone the Jan 6th Saturday fixture win or lose.
I think Horlock07 would have been most happy with a draw away at Carlisle or Morecambe!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:22:04 »

Its against a team with poor home support (who got under 1,500 for the last home game) so we will get a meagre share from gate reciepts. Absolutely no chance of it being shown live on TV so missing out on a possible cash windfall (we got 」20k from US TV rights vs Dartford).

You are Lee Power and I claim my 」5!  Wink

I think Horlock07 would have been most happy with a draw away at Carlisle or Morecambe!

At least I might have made it to the games after missing both league visits!  Cheesy
Panda Paws

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:23:40 »

Winnable and local to me - it's a nothing draw really but could be worse.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:29:58 »

You are Lee Power and I claim my 」5!  Wink

At least I might have made it to the games after missing both league visits!  Cheesy

Yes I am Lee Power come up to me the next home game and ask me and I will give you your dues Cheesy

I was actually driving past Carlisle during the league game and listening to the ranting of the local commentators as I was sat almost at a standstill on the M6 heading to Scotland on that warm August day.

Yes I suppose Carlise away would have been a worse draw for 99% of Town fans.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 10:42:10 »

They were shit in the extreme at the CG. 3-2 should have been 6 or 7. Another standard away win for me.

I知 clambering on the Cup bandwagon and will go to this one.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 11:06:58 »

The point of R2 is to get to R3. Pure and simple. How many ties in that hat are really going to get an established football league club excited? It would be a pretty short list.

Sure, home to random non-league no-hopers would be nice. In R1, when there are 32 non-league teams in the hat, that's a realistic ambition. But by now most of them are out. And, to be honest, I don't really want the hassle of playing at home to Hereford or Oxford City, who would both bring thousands (especially with United being out) and view it as a final. Not my idea of fun. Or Billericay, who have a load of random ex-Prem players - that would get the BBC into a frenzy.

We're a better team than Stevenage and in better form than them (at the moment), and, as others have said, our recent win over them should have been more comfortable than it was. We ought to beat them and, if we don't, we won't deserve to be in the hat.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 12:11:21 »

I知 already daydreaming of Fulham away in the third round
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 17:43:44 »

Home tie vs non league opposition, even though I know we are better away from home its still my idea of a good 2nd round draw, easier on paper than league opponents.
with our track record against non league teams and in view of our current away form I think I will settle for the draw we have,  at least IF we do get beat it won't exactly be headline  'Giantkilling' news on the back page.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 17:59:43 »

I知 already daydreaming of Fulham away in the third round

That away day when we went there the other year is up with the best away days i have been on
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: