Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dartford v Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 25355 times)
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 20:30:26 »

and the manager....

"“I am delighted with the way the lads turned out a really professional performance."

If we're quoting the manager, I suppose we could also move onto the way in which we 'absolutely obliterated' them.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 20:47:46 »

Any news on the extent of Elsnik's injury?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 21:15:49 »

Any news on the extent of Elsnik's injury?

Knock to the knee - came off as a precaution
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 21:33:05 »

http://puredfc.com/forums/index.php?topic=2772.135

Some pretty respectful comments about us in the last 3 pages of this Dartford FC Forum.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
china red

« Reply #64 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 07:50:38 »

Preston has made a big difference to the team, making Lancashire look better and the defence as a whole.

Yesterday’s game we passed it around nicely, very few punted balls forward, wish we would play like that more often
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 09:30:43 »

Their ground is a bloody odd looking place, whats with the strange high roof affair?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_Park_(Dartford)

The roof is alive!

Nice stadium and if comparing "green" grounds then much better than FGR.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 09:53:58 »

Surprised no one mentioned that giant wooden statue in the stand to our left. Weird.

Good day out anyway. Lovely little ground and club who took their defeat with a lot of class. Good performance really, could've been more but understandably (and sensibly) we took our foot of the gas. Last years lot would have lost yesterday! Impressed with McDermott who seemed to be playing in about 8 different positions. Elsnik too was a cut above, hope his injury isn't too bad.
Panda Paws

« Reply #67 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 09:56:00 »

For periods we looked a different class to them, particularly the opening 25 mins of each half. At periods we stood off and managed the game out.

Most of our threat came from McDermott and Mullin pressing. McDermott doesn't seem to have won over many fans so far but his pressing and workrate and hassling yesterday was good, and he's clearly got quality on the ball too.

Elsnik was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch and Matty Preston is an absolute find. I'd be puttiing a 2-year extension in front of nose sharpish. Reminds me very much of a young Sean Morrison when he was of similar age, before we sold him.

All in all, a supremely comfortable and able performance. Looking forward to my first home game of the season next week now!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 10:33:15 »

For periods we looked a different class to them, particularly the opening 25 mins of each half. At periods we stood off and managed the game out.

Most of our threat came from McDermott and Mullin pressing. McDermott doesn't seem to have won over many fans so far but his pressing and workrate and hassling yesterday was good, and he's clearly got quality on the ball too.

Elsnik was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch and Matty Preston is an absolute find. I'd be puttiing a 2-year extension in front of nose sharpish. Reminds me very much of a young Sean Morrison when he was of similar age, before we sold him.

All in all, a supremely comfortable and able performance. Looking forward to my first home game of the season next week now!

I think the only other time I've seen McDermott was Barnet at home where his stupid challenge hurt us. But agree, he never stopped running yesterday. He is a little greedy but has something about him.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 10:40:51 »

Most of our threat came from McDermott and Mullin pressing.

Cannot believe Mullin only turned 23 yesterday, must have had a twat of a paper round in Litherland!
Flashheart

« Reply #70 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 10:44:48 »

Cannot believe Mullin only turned 23 yesterday, must have had a twat of a paper round in Litherland!

He does look older, doesn't he? He also looks like the type who's pint you should avoid spilling in the pub.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 11:17:37 »

The great thing about yesterday was not just that we won but that it was a predictable and totally deserved result, rather than the "phew, thank god for that, dodged a bullet" wins of several other league teams vs non-league. 

In my heart I still want a home draw tonight but logically an away tie against non-league gives us the best chance of making the third round.

Didn't realise until yesterday that Arthur Horsfield played for Dartford.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 11:31:49 »

Good day out in Dartford, took in drinks at the uber cheap Dartford Working Mens Club before and after the game, which turned out to be very straight forward.

I think Dartford gave us a bit too much respect and we scored 3 clinical goals before half time. CC made a great save before half time, and his handling was a bit juggly throughout but apart from that he did his job well.

Second half, 2 more clinical finishes killed the game off and we took our foot off the gas allowing Dartford to score, which brought a loud roar from the Dartford fans to our left. (who to be fair did provide a good atmosphere - apart from that bloody drum)

A good team performance and we played a mix of some very good football with some more direct stuff, with Henry Smith winning everything in the air. At the back, again I was very impressed with Matt Preston who oozes class. The work ethic was excellent and professional and we came through with flying colours.

One negative was Woolery who I really want to do well, but he came on and didn't impress me at all. He is definitely down the pecking order based on what I have seen so far.

All in all a good day out and we are in the silk bag for round 2.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #73 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 13:52:40 »

http://puredfc.com/forums/index.php?topic=2772.135

Some pretty respectful comments about us in the last 3 pages of this Dartford FC Forum.

Quote from: a Dartford Fan
(Mind you, you could see why they have one of the best defences in League 2.)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, November 6, 2017, 14:08:42 »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Some of the commentary yesterday was exceptional to listen to.. My personal favourite "you can see why Swindon are riding high in league 2, they are passing the ball so beautifully". Had they only been at the Barnet/Crawley home games...

The Dartford lot seem like a nice bunch. I'm glad our travelling lot had a good day.

I too was disappointed with Woolery though.. He's got plenty of energy and enthusiasm (which compared to last season is incredible, I suppose) but he was relatively poor.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: