Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v High Wycombe Match day Thread  (Read 12206 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 11:32:31 »

Kop trying Paul  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 11:35:05 »

Kop trying Paul  Smiley
I think you're Spion on me Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 11:39:07 »

I think you're Spion on me Smiley
I hope you are going to put in a Transvaal request Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 11:42:41 »

I hope you are going to put in a Transvaal request Wink
Don't want to go too far though, could be a bit of a Trek
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 12:07:29 »

I just watched the highlights, just to see, very well taken goal by Preston and it looks like in the 2nd half we could have easily got another 2 or 3 goals.

Even if its not a "proper" game its still a 3rd win on the spin and 3 clean sheets in a row too, gotta be good for confidence.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 12:24:50 »

Indeed, there is nothing wrong with a good training session.  I'd have though Reg would be pleased about these "open" training sessions, with a chance to see the Reserves in a kick about.  It's like the old Combined Counties stuff isn't it?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 12:36:45 »

It's like the old Combined Counties stuff isn't it?
I used to love watching the Football Combination on a Saturday in the late 70s early 80s when Town were away, always a 2pm KO and if we were playing a Div 1 team they almost always had first team players, once when Spurs came down in 80 they had Hoddle, Ardiles, Villa, Crooks, Daines, Roberts, Brookes, Falco and Galvin playing for them. Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, QPR etc all used to bring strong squads.

We had a crowd of over 4,000 for the Spurs game.

Used to be £1 entry and 2p for a team sheet, free entry if you had a season ticket.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 12:43:15 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 13:05:43 »

I used to love watching the Football Combination on a Saturday in the late 70s early 80s when Town were away, always a 2pm KO and if we were playing a Div 1 team they almost always had first team players, once when Spurs came down in 80 they had Hoddle, Ardiles, Villa, Crooks, Daines, Roberts, Brookes, Falco and Galvin playing for them. Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea, QPR etc all used to bring strong squads.

We had a crowd of over 4,000 for the Spurs game.

Used to be £1 entry and 2p for a team sheet, free entry if you had a season ticket.

Wasn’t there one of the reserve games where they were handing out tokens for a Cup game and had a crowd of nearly 10,000 (well for part of the game anyway)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 13:15:36 »

Wasn’t there one of the reserve games where they were handing out tokens for a Cup game and had a crowd of nearly 10,000 (well for part of the game anyway)
That does ring a bell, wasn't it before the Wolves LC semi or the Spurs FA cup game the same season?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 15:49:23 »

That does ring a bell, wasn't it before the Wolves LC semi or the Spurs FA cup game the same season?

I'm not sure I remember it like that. I seem to recall a massive queue for tickets that snaked off down Shrivenham Road past Mitchell's Cycles.

Could very easily be wrong mind, as it's a long time ago now.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 15:54:40 »

Might have been for the Everton game in Jan '77?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 16:01:38 »

I'm not sure I remember it like that. I seem to recall a massive queue for tickets that snaked off down Shrivenham Road past Mitchell's Cycles.

Could very easily be wrong mind, as it's a long time ago now.

Bet you remember the miners strike like it was yesterday though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 16:32:47 »

Not really.  I do have a sort of time line in my head, which packages up bundles of events and then orders them into a chronology.  However I do like the strange effect that say a piece of music, a smell or meeting an old chum/flame can have in transporting the imagination off into a recollection of a time, but I'll always see that as relative.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 17:42:46 »

Of course he does, as does his protege young Horlock. Though i’m disappointed that there was no mention of Derek (Red Robbo) Robinson yesterday in either the ‘Lets Get Political’ or ‘The 8 Year Old People Who Have Died’ threads. Maybe there was a silent and personal tribute with black ties and a rousing rendition of ‘The Red Flag’ instead?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 18:32:29 »

Of course he does, as does his protege young Horlock. Though i’m disappointed that there was no mention of Derek (Red Robbo) Robinson yesterday in either the ‘Lets Get Political’ or ‘The 8 Year Old People Who Have Died’ threads. Maybe there was a silent and personal tribute with black ties and a rousing rendition of ‘The Red Flag’ instead?

Stick an entry into the 8 Year thread.

FWIW, I'd regard Robbo as a decent Trade Unionist, who fought for his members. My old man worked for BL, and always maintained that its demise was in the main down to poor management. It should be noted that Longbridge ceased car manufacture some 25 or so years after Robbo got sacked.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: