Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I might as well ask!  (Read 22068 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #90 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 08:20:48 »

Maybe Brophy is also a naughty boy, but the same principle applies.

And Iandolo is a midfielder who Flitcroft sees fit to keep playing at left back. Which I might understand if the left back wasn't playing in fucking midfield.
Iandolo in the last 2 games I watched him, Newport home and FGR he looked lost at LB LWB he is not a defender and doesn't get forward enough when he has the ball, he looks lost there, I would rather he played through the middle with Taylor back at LB.

Against FGR I think would have been ideal for Brophy to have got game time against a poor defence, when Taylor can do your fullback for pace then a bit extra pace from Brophy could have made a difference..

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 11:10:47 »

But we're just going round and round in circles.

If that's the case, and he isn't going to get on the pitch under any circumstances, where was the point in recalling him a week or two ago?

And the fact that he isn't worth a sub appearance ahead of Dunne in a game like that suggests that he isn't going to get on the pitch under any circumstances. You don't need to be 'the new miles storey' to get 20 minutes in a game that nobody is interested in. Robertson always gets a game in it despite the fact that he's been found out in the league several times and will obviously go in the summer.

And Iandolo is a midfielder who Flitcroft sees fit to keep playing at left back. Which I might understand if the left back wasn't playing in fucking midfield.
Spot on with all that
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 11:35:01 »

If that's the case, and he isn't going to get on the pitch under any circumstances, where was the point in recalling him a week or two ago?

And the fact that he isn't worth a sub appearance ahead of Dunne in a game like that suggests that he isn't going to get on the pitch under any circumstances. You don't need to be 'the new miles storey' to get 20 minutes in a game that nobody is interested in. Robertson always gets a game in it despite the fact that he's been found out in the league several times and will obviously go in the summer.

Cracking post. You've just earned yourself your first positive karma.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 11:50:09 »

More importantly. just out of interest how do you pronounce Iandolo , I have always gone down the Yandolo route but is that correct?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 11:50:46 »

Wasn't that last season!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 12:23:15 »

More importantly. just out of interest how do you pronounce Iandolo , I have always gone down the Yandolo route but is that correct?

Ian

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 12:28:52 »

The commentators seem to call him Eye Ann Do Lo.

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 12:35:45 »

Let's just call him Ellis.

Sometimes of course it makes sense for a youngster to start out in a new position, but not here. He can pick a pass, but he's not that quick and is not a ball-winner. He's clearly a relatively attacking central midfielder, and playing him at full back will achieve nothing other than to drain his confidence.

Taylor has done fine at left back, and half our goals come from his left foot (not always from set pieces either - goals vs Vale, Wycombe etc have been from deep crosses in open play). Ok, he gets skinned sometimes, but then so would Ellis.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 12:40:58 by ferret » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 12:42:12 »

Let's call him Stevie.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #99 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 12:46:08 »

Let's call him Stevie.
With an Italian surname like Iandolo then surely he should be called Luca or Giovanni?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 13:06:27 »

I hereby name him llando iandolo

Lower case confusion all round.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 13:07:02 »

Let's just call him Ellis.

Sometimes of course it makes sense for a youngster to start out in a new position, but not here. He can pick a pass, but he's not that quick and is not a ball-winner. He's clearly a relatively attacking central midfielder, and playing him at full back will achieve nothing other than to drain his confidence.

Taylor has done fine at left back, and half our goals come from his left foot (not always from set pieces either - goals vs Vale, Wycombe etc have been from deep crosses in open play). Ok, he gets skinned sometimes, but then so would Ellis.

Let's just call him Ells.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 13:15:19 »

I am confused.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 13:17:11 »

I've always liked Llandogo... in the Wye Valley

Remember being in the Sloop Inn, after a few days walking and hearing the locals talking about developments in the build up to the Falklands War... scarcely believing what I was hearing.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 13:48:40 »

With an Italian surname like Iandolo then surely he should be called Luca or Giovanni?

I assumed he was welsh?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: