Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale V Swindon Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 21071 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 15:20:43 »

I thought he did OK. Great save at the end.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 15:32:22 »

oddly I thought RCC's kicking is a bit better than Vigs.

only seen him play 2 games though, so can't comment on yesterday or other points.
A few people have said that but I think a lot of people look at Vigs’ kicking last season where he was asked to do certain things because of the way we played and had no margin for ever. RCC looks a more than adequate backup but personally not convinced on him as first choice. Let’s not forget a lot of people rated Belford and he was one of the worst keepers to ever play for us.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 15:56:36 »

Back four is looking solid now.  Hopefully we can get Preston to sign a long-term contract.  He looks the real deal to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 16:07:09 »

time will tell theakston...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 17:06:56 »

Yesterday was the first time I have seen RCC play, he looks perfectly adequate at this level, made on fantastic save at the end.

He doesn't come out and claim the ball often but then again neither does Vigs.

RCC kicking as similar to Vigs, neither brilliant but RCC is a little better at kicking under pressure IMO.

I didn't feel we missed Vigs at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 17:30:13 »

Yesterday was the first time I have seen RCC play, he looks perfectly adequate at this level, made on fantastic save at the end.

He doesn't come out and claim the ball often but then again neither does Vigs.

RCC kicking as similar to Vigs, neither brilliant but RCC is a little better at kicking under pressure IMO.

I didn't feel we missed Vigs at all.

Does not look like DF missed him either. Could be a long way back for Vigs at this rate.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 17:31:51 »

I’m not prepared to write Vigs off so quickly especially with two Checkatrades and an FA Cup match coming up.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 17:43:06 »

Obviously we don't know exactly what's gone on, but I'm disappointed that Flitcroft has spent the last month periodically slagging off Vigs. Cook has done pretty well, and I can understand why he kept his place for yesterday, but I would at the very least have had Vigs on the bench, play him in both of the JPT games and take stock of things after them.

He has never sold us short, could easily have kicked up a fuss and cleared off in the summer, but he has knuckled down and is willingly playing below his level. Sure, he made a mistake (which appears to have been caused by giving a shit - a basic requirement for all players, but we should certainly know that it doesn't always apply), and got a fairly meaty suspension on the back of it. Surely that's enough of a punishment? They took him to Mansfield, in the full knowledge that he couldn't play, but left him at home yesterday. All seems a bit petty to me.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 17:48:04 »

I’m not prepared to write Vigs off so quickly especially with two Checkatrades and an FA Cup match coming up.
I don't think anyone is actually writing off Vigs but IMO RCC is an adequate replacement, he doesn't excel but does most things perfectly well.

Something has obviously been said between Vigs and Flitcroft and hopefully DF has shown Vigs that if hes going to throw a strop (or whatever has happened) then we as a club won't stand for that.

*strop may not have actually happened*

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 18:03:59 »

no no, definitely not writing off Vigs. A proven very good keeper over a long period of time.

Alll things being equal he's #1 IMO.

But... well we'll have to see what the next few weeks bring as to what's what regarding he and DF. If he's sulked over not going straight back in its disappointing. But that's a massive assumption.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 19:19:54 »

FWIW, I wouldn’t write Vigs off either. However, it’s worth remembering that he has previous for ill discipline. He’s cost the club his services unnecessarily for four games. He’s been fined by the club i’m sure, maybe even had to pay all or part of the club fine from FA. It’s a piss poor example to set to the younger players, brings the club into disrepute. At some point someone clearly has to make a stand. No one player is above the standards that clearly DF has set. Therefore with Reice playing well enough and Henry’s development progressing as it should Vigs has plenty of time on his hands to reflect on his own position. Given the opportunity and be sure it will come along soon enough he’ll hopefully grab it with both hands and claim the gloves back. Whether DF is right or wrong to publicly criticise him as suggested is up to him, if Vigs thinks that’s unfair he has a mobile phone to call his agent and with GPS find his way to DF’s office to say something personally. Bottom line is if Vigs hadn’t been such a fool he’d still have the gloves. It’s his choice and his own fault.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 20:55:00 »

If I was Vigouroux, I'd struggle to take lectures on not showing aggression to officials from Flitcroft, Futcher or most managers.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 08:35:44 »

I would at the very least have had Vigs on the bench, play him in both of the JPT games and take stock of things after them.

My assumption has been that something else has gone on for him not to have been on the bench on Saturday. Whether it's a strop, further ill-discipline or something entirely different. I'd be tempted to play him in the Checkatrade games (assuming it doesn't mean breaking rules about who can play) and let him earn his spot back.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #133 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 08:48:52 »

If I was Vigouroux, I'd struggle to take lectures on not showing aggression to officials from Flitcroft, Futcher or most managers.
Seen a few people say this now. The length of the ban tells you it was more than a 'what the fuck was that ref' comment surely?
« Last Edit: Monday, October 30, 2017, 08:51:38 by Don Rogers Sock » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 08:50:59 »

If he doesnt play in the checkatrade i think that tells us all we need to know
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: