Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale V Swindon Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 21362 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 20:53:30 »

I read Vale fans saying we were the best they've seen!

Great result regardless. Need to build on it and push for the top 3 now
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 21:24:04 »

While Taylor’s free kick was a textbook execution, my son and I reckon the second goal by Mullin was the real gem. Keep watching it. He mugged the defender for that second goal and in effect sealed the three points. The goalie was left high and dry. I’m sure he expected the defender to clear the danger and as a result did not react accordingly. By the time it was heading to the net it was to late to do so. If the defender had been alert it would have been cleared and still 0-1.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 23:06:48 »

That was good fun.

Classy cameo from Elsnik.

Getting back to the station was livened up by the bus stop being in the middle of the stand off between the EDL and the antifa group plus a few locals.
I suspect that a fair few on both sides might have gone on to enjoy a curry afterwards. Not together of course which is a shame.
City of Culture 2021. A fair bit of work needed there.

Vale fans on the bus were saying that they had an off day and we were good, but not that great. Probably won't be the last time that opposition fans say that about us.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 08:55:50 »

While Taylor’s free kick was a textbook execution, my son and I reckon the second goal by Mullin was the real gem. Keep watching it. He mugged the defender for that second goal and in effect sealed the three points. The goalie was left high and dry. I’m sure he expected the defender to clear the danger and as a result did not react accordingly. By the time it was heading to the net it was to late to do so. If the defender had been alert it would have been cleared and still 0-1.

Spot on.  It was beautiful, and all the more so when you were right behind it and got to watch the ball hit the net at close quarters.  Very clever.

Took the family there after a few days camping in Shropshire...so a lovely way to round off.  PV kindly invited my boys and a few other kids from our end to join some of the local kids on the pitch waving flags as the players came on at the start.  Nice touch.  Boys were buzzing after that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 08:57:06 »

And great to catch up, donkey.  I'll be in touch about a home game/Glue Pot catch up.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 09:26:02 »

Think that's a bit generous re. Mullin. It's bad goalkeeping. Their keeper had a bit of a mare for goals 2 and 3!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 09:43:51 »

And great to catch up, donkey.  I'll be in touch about a home game/Glue Pot catch up.

Great to see you too, pal. Gluey it is.🍺🙂

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 09:46:16 »

Think that's a bit generous re. Mullin. It's bad goalkeeping. Their keeper had a bit of a mare for goals 2 and 3!
This. 100% goalkeeping error on both counts, although Gordon may have tucked the third away even if he'd had a keeper to beat.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 09:47:07 »

I said after Mullin's goal that it might not be fully appreciated, especially as the best angle was from the away end. It really does deserve the praise it's getting.  That not withstanding the keeper was a bit poor, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 09:47:41 »

Agree that the goalie starting to come then stopping put off the defender but Mullin still did well.

Not sure how you blame the keeper for third goal?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 09:58:41 »

Mullin has a great work ethic. Works his socks off every time. Surprised Flitcroft doesn't always start with him,,and really think Smith has more to offer as a target man than Norris.
Great result whatever and with England U17's and Swindon Robins Jason Doyle becoming World Speedway Champion, pretty good Saturday all round.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 10:04:19 »

I read Vale fans saying we were the best they've seen!

Great result regardless. Need to build on it and push for the top 3 now
On their forum here are a few quotes, some good some not so.

Swindon are really dangerous when allowed to play. I thought they had the most ability of the sides I have seen this season, including defending well.

Swindon were the better team hands down, we've had a good mini run and they were the best we've met.

No credit to Swindon no great shakes them 2 of the goals should not have being and wouldnt have being with a decent goalie .

Swindon created the sum of nothing except the gifts we gave them.

I think we lost because of the goalkeeper and this game could have finished 0-0 otherwise, even though we didn't do well in possession and Swindon had a good strategy to neutralise our attacking.

I think it is still awful to lose 3-0 to a team at home who we finished above in league 1 last season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 14:41:03 »

I think it is still awful to lose 3-0 to a team at home who we finished above in league 1 last season
was  any of our team from last season playing Hmmm
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 15:07:53 »

They are also not very complimentary about RCC saying he couldn’t kick or catch but they couldn’t exploit it. Gotta be honest I’m probably one of the few but I’m not convinced by him, he’s not had a great deal to do in his 5 games but the Mansfield goal was his fault and should have done better for Lincoln’s as was straight at him. With Vigs not in the squad it would suggest he’s burnt his bridges now so will be RCC for the foreseeable future so we shall see.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 15:16:59 »

oddly I thought RCC's kicking is a bit better than Vigs.

only seen him play 2 games though, so can't comment on yesterday or other points.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: