Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale V Swindon Official Match Day Thread.  (Read 21179 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 17:48:33 »

I think it is easy to divert the issue of not fulfilling potential with the 'not getting to play for their clubs' line - if players are good enough they will get game time. A member of Germanys' U17 WC squad played for Hamburg today and scored, as an example

I come from a land down-under
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 18:01:22 »

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but I need to make sure people understand just how good Mullin's goal was. He out-muscled the defender and got in front of him. The ball was a bit behind and low, ask he had to stoop low to get a head on it. He then managed to get enough power and direction on the ball to get it passed the keeper.

It was a cracker, deserves credit.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 18:15:36 »

Beginning to think there may be a possibility of playing Reading next season.
Flashheart

« Reply #93 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 18:55:14 »

Despite our protestations about style, effectiveness and consistency, we're doing quite well. Maybe we've been overestimating what we should be expecting from L2?

Having said that, I did see enough today to think that there's more to come. So maybe I'm talking out of my arse?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:08:39 »

Despite our protestations about style, effectiveness and consistency, we're doing quite well. Maybe we've been overestimating what we should be expecting from L2?

Having said that, I did see enough today to think that there's more to come. So maybe I'm talking out of my arse?

We were much better today, competence was evident for a significant part of the game. They could be getting used to each other as players, and improving as a result.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:26:48 »

Does anyone have a link to the highlights please?
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:33:55 »

http://www.skysports.com/football/port-vale-vs-swindon/374256
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:39:40 »

I think it is easy to divert the issue of not fulfilling potential with the 'not getting to play for their clubs' line - if players are good enough they will get game time. A member of Germanys' U17 WC squad played for Hamburg today and scored, as an example
Not in top 6 PL sides they won't. You're comparing apples with oranges - Hamburg are nothing like Chelsea, Man City et al; and the Bundesliga actively works with the DFB to help the national side. Can you say the same about the PL? Fuck, can you.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:40:35 »

We were much better today, competence was evident for a significant part of the game. They could be getting used to each other as players, and improving as a result.
Sounds like a bit of wild theory, that one Smiley
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:44:30 »

That was a classic away performance. We waited for our moments and pounced. 4 shots on target, and only 1 corner... but crash, bang, wallop. 3-0.

Once again Taylor put in a capable defensive shift, backed up by a goal and an assist. He must be directly involved in most of our goals scored. The recent suggestion on the forum that we don't have a left back at the club must relate to different games than the ones I've been watching. There's no doubt that Preston has increased the confidence and dominance of the whole defence.

Harry Smith worked his bollocks off with a totally unselfish performance, and, as the 3rd goal showed, he was still going strong at the end. Far more effective than Norris in my opinion.

I still don't agree with the way in which the 3 attacking midfielders are selected, but the substitutions were spot on and all 3 of them did the business immediately in one way or another.

Good stuff, and we are starting to really click into gear now.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:46:16 by ferret » Logged
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:45:09 »

Love Smith’s pass for the third. Most players would have shot.

Their keeper has had a stinker for our second and bit dubious on the first.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 19:53:44 »

‘Best side I've seen at vale this year, organised and clinical without being spectacular.’
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 20:01:08 »

forgot to ask, only caught the summary of Flitcroft post match. Did he not want to talk about Vigs as in something's gone on? or simply just wanted to talk about the match?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 20:01:48 »

Someone else said we were the worst team to visit Vale Park this season. I stopped taking them seriously at that point
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 20:07:07 »

said it before, our style of play will have some opposition fans saying ' how the hell did we lose to them'.

but we do string a few passes and put in a good delivery when we need to..

can't remember away form like this, but home form bring so patchy. Fortress away from county ground...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: