Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England U17s v Brazil U17s  (Read 2592 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 13:10:48 »

U17s WC SF currently on BBC website.

England 3-1 up with 10 minutes or so to go.  Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 13:47:15 »

None of them will make it in the professional game due to the way systems are run at the top clubs. They wont make the first team
Panda Paws

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 13:56:05 »

None of them will make it in the professional game due to the way systems are run at the top clubs. They wont make the first team

Rubbish. Most of them already are professionals, a handful of them have first team appearances. Jadon Sancho, for example, was bought for £7m-£10m by Dortmund and has made his Bundesliga debut already. He's not going to have done that for £80 YTS fee!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:00:50 »

Upon watching Bobby Moore lift the World Cup in 1966, a member of the Tanswell clan turned to a loved one and said ‘what’s the fucking point?’
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:23:43 »

Upon watching Bobby Moore lift the World Cup in 1966, a member of the Tanswell clan turned to a loved one and said ‘what’s the fucking point?’

Bit of difference winning a U-anything trophy and winning the 'actual' tournaments

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:29:10 »

Bit of difference winning a U-anything trophy and winning the 'actual' tournaments

Fuck. You’re right. Boy is my face red.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:42:34 »

Been there, done that  Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:53:41 »

Rubbish. Most of them already are professionals, a handful of them have first team appearances. Jadon Sancho, for example, was bought for £7m-£10m by Dortmund and has made his Bundesliga debut already. He's not going to have done that for £80 YTS fee!

I think what Tans means is that most of them won't make it at the top end clubs where they are now. All the available evidence points to this being so. There are presently 6 clubs who are currently looking to get more money from the global rights pot, rather than the equal shares with the other Prem clubs. You can probably count on one hand the number of players who've passed through their academies playing first team football at those clubs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 14:56:00 »

Correct Reginald
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 15:05:39 »

I think what Tans means is that most of them won't make it at the top end clubs where they are now. All the available evidence points to this being so. There are presently 6 clubs who are currently looking to get more money from the global rights pot, rather than the equal shares with the other Prem clubs. You can probably count on one hand the number of players who've passed through their academies playing first team football at those clubs.

Get all of that Reg - but I was replying to what was written.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 15:22:33 »

Get all of that Reg - but I was replying to what was written.

The England age group sides are on a bit of a roll atm, I suppose only time will tell if it has any significance for the England XI.

Although I remember when the U 18's won the youth WC in 63, Arry Redknapp, Johnny Hollins, Howard Kendall etc teaming up with The Don.  Despite The Don being voted MVP of the 24 nations taking part, only Dave Sadler with 4 and Hollins with 1 went on to the full England team.

You could argue that the full team in those years was as good as it's ever been...

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 16:39:02 »

A few might be fortunate enough to make it to the top 2 divisions but I think most of them probably won't. Getting instant results in league football holds players back. Managers won't gamble on throwing them in as their jobs are on the line if they don't win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: