Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FM Transmitters  (Read 2742 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 14:42:43 »

I haven't used one of these since they first made an appearance. Anyone have any recommendations. Back in the day they were pretty poor quality.
Unfortunately my car has no aux in or Bluetooth.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 14:55:26 »

I haven't used one of these since they first made an appearance. Anyone have any recommendations. Back in the day they were pretty poor quality.
Unfortunately my car has no aux in or Bluetooth.

What car do you have? Certain OEM stereos have ways to fit a bluetooth module to the cd changer port etc. so may be another option.

Or just wear headphones *

*I've seen a fair few drivers unbelievably doing this  No
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 16:01:25 »

I purchased one of these for my girlfriend and another for my Dad. My girlfriend was then so impressed she bought one for her sister, my Dad got one for his wife and my sister purchased one when she was likewise impressed.

It wasn’t this exact model, but there’s about 43,672 products on amazon that are pretty much the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4R8RLM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_28E-zbHGHN1VW
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 09:57:12 »

What car do you have? Certain OEM stereos have ways to fit a bluetooth module to the cd changer port etc. so may be another option.

Or just wear headphones *

*I've seen a fair few drivers unbelievably doing this  No
There is actually no law against this.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 09:57:29 »

I purchased one of these for my girlfriend and another for my Dad. My girlfriend was then so impressed she bought one for her sister, my Dad got one for his wife and my sister purchased one when she was likewise impressed.

It wasn’t this exact model, but there’s about 43,672 products on amazon that are pretty much the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4R8RLM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_28E-zbHGHN1VW

Thanks Barry, will take a look.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 10:01:21 »

As an aside, buy one of these as a phone holder (if you have a cd slot) run a charging cable between the Bluetooth thing and the phone and then it’s great for sat nav.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GERTHO2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_qYU-zbPJVNJ53
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 2, 2017, 10:30:19 »

There is actually no law against this.

There's no law about wearing sunglasses whilst driving at night either, but you wouldn't want to do it.

Speaking of legalities, the FM transmitter needs to be CE marked to comply with UK law, but it's unlikely anyone's going to give a shit anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: