Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe  (Read 8439 times)
Townend80

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 15:32:33 »

Storm Brian supposed to be hitting this weekend. Beeb saying winds of 50mph for 3pm Sat. Probably not a good idea to be playing Hoooooooooooof ball. Game could be a farce, anyone remember Stevenage in the FA Cup?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 15:40:26 »

Storm Brian supposed to be hitting this weekend. Beeb saying winds of 50mph for 3pm Sat. Probably not a good idea to be playing Hoooooooooooof ball. Game could be a farce, anyone remember Stevenage in the FA Cup?

Best to postpone it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 15:47:04 »

I'm heading west for this one.

Better not be postponed!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 16:00:44 »

Depending on which way the winds blowing, hoof ball could be perfect! For one half at least.

I'm at a wedding near Hungerford. Should be interesting if they plan to take photos outside!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 16:16:58 »

Best to postpone it.

The predicted weather could be the leveller that gives us a fighting chance against the away day might of our visitors.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 16:18:10 »

As long as Oktoberfest isn't blown away it'll be alright.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 16:59:39 »

Oh, god yes. My eldest boys first game. What a nightmare, got what we deserved that day. Those St. Evenage fans on the bank couldn’t give a rats arse about getting fucking soaked, blow dryed and soaked again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 17:51:01 »

Diggers kicks were coming back to the edge of his area...

Stevenage for applauded off, Swindon, er, didn't...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 19, 2017, 22:33:54 »

As long as Oktoberfest isn't blown away it'll be alright.
Nuts to that, I’ll be at Collabfest all day

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/collabfest
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 06:02:50 »

So many independent brewers nowadays. Not sure if it's a good thing or not. Many don't seem to be around very long.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:45:16 »

Nuts to that, I’ll be at Collabfest all day

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/collabfest

Oooh, nice!

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 10:12:05 »

So many independent brewers nowadays. Not sure if it's a good thing or not. Many don't seem to be around very long.
If they try and fail that's a shame but overall, I can't really see a downside to it...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 10:45:56 »

I only see more breweries and a wider selection all the time. It's a surprisingly small scene but growing all the time.

There is no downside whatsoever to more microbreweries popping up, it just gives me more beer to try!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 11:53:55 »

Brewdog have already started down the path of selling out, private equity having given the two owners a hefty payout for a % of the business.

The micro brewery trend is pretty good over here as well, have a coupe near me in a town probably 1/3 the population size of Swindon, and I'm in the South.  Think it's bigger in the North Eastern and N Central States.

I imagine strong wind combined with our style could make it more fun to watch.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 12:27:30 »

There's a place in Reading where you can make your own (can upload images onto the label and everything). You basically go in, select the ingredients, mix it for a couple of mins then come back after a few weeks to collect a crate. Because you've technically brewed it, you don't get taxed on it. It's brilliant!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: