Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Old team sheet  (Read 2958 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 09:39:34 »

Whilst sorting out some things from the loft came across an old team sheet for a reserves game vs. Wimbledon on7th November, 1989!  Swindon team was Petterson, Lea, O'Driscoll, Foley, Parkin, Viveash, Tomlinson, Close, Shaw, P. Trollope, Galvin.  subs were N. Summerbee and Dixon.  Amongst the Dons were Neil Sullivan, Dean Blackwell, John Gayle and Mark Fiore.  Interestingly, the reverse of the sheet gave a run down of the previous year's meeting of the two sides and showed than even then there was a large turn over of players.  That line-up with comments was Andy Petterson, Peter Coyne (now Colne Dynamos's), Gary Marshall (now Stroud FC), Leigh Barnard (now Cardiff city), Charlie Henry (now Aldershot), Fitzroy Simpson, Neil Tomlinson, Gareth Morgan (now Minehead), Paul Hunt, Bobby Barnes (now Northampton), Adrian Viveash.  subs were Nicky Summerbee and Tony Hammersley (now Fairford).  A few for Reg to ponder over!! 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 09:47:18 »

Whilst sorting out some things from the loft came across an old team sheet for a reserves game vs. Wimbledon on7th November, 1989!  Swindon team was Petterson, Lea, O'Driscoll, Foley, Parkin, Viveash, Tomlinson, Close, Shaw, P. Trollope, Galvin.  subs were N. Summerbee and Dixon.  Amongst the Dons were Neil Sullivan, Dean Blackwell, John Gayle and Mark Fiore.  Interestingly, the reverse of the sheet gave a run down of the previous year's meeting of the two sides and showed than even then there was a large turn over of players.  That line-up with comments was Andy Petterson, Peter Coyne (now Colne Dynamos's), Gary Marshall (now Stroud FC), Leigh Barnard (now Cardiff city), Charlie Henry (now Aldershot), Fitzroy Simpson, Neil Tomlinson, Gareth Morgan (now Minehead), Paul Hunt, Bobby Barnes (now Northampton), Adrian Viveash.  subs were Nicky Summerbee and Tony Hammersley (now Fairford).  A few for Reg to ponder over!! 

Good find I like such ephemera. What's great about it is that usually it gets binned, however there are hoarders who religiously keep everything. Not me though.

Shame Petterson, Lea never caught on... Welcome Home
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 10:08:18 »

Good find I like such ephemera. What's great about it is that usually it gets binned, however there are hoarders who religiously keep everything. Not me though.

It just turned up with some other old stuff in a box!  Incidentally I saw Tony Hammersley in Minety last Friday - just going out for a run!  We have sunk a few pints together over the years!
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 13:46:32 »

We used to call them litres of pee when we were kids.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 14:59:05 »

Wonder if that is Paul or Mark O'Driscoll
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 15:44:23 »

Wonder if that is Paul or Mark O'Driscoll
Dean! It was Paul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: