Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Bag Search Policy  (Read 6555 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 14:37:44 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/swindon-town-fc-bag-search-policy/

Something for people to be disgusted about.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 14:47:31 »

The maximum dimensions of a bag that will be permitted into the stadium will be 55cmx40cmx25cm

So slightly bigger than Ryanair baggage allowance. This will please Power

Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 14:58:20 »

More exciting is the news that there'll be an open training session next week at the CG... would have preferred it in the pre season, as I know what to expect now, but at least it's something. Hopefully get a few tackers along as it's the end of Term 1.

I guess security has to be increased these days, I assume that's why I got searched at Field Mill... I did ask if the fairly tidy female steward could do me, but apparently not  Sad
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 15:33:30 »

Who would want to bring a bag that size into the ground. Would be sat on your lap all game  Huh?
china red

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 16:49:36 »

My mates 60+ year old mum used to come with us and bring a carrier bag full of drinks and hot cross buns, got searched every week.  Don’t think it’s anything new really
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 17:33:25 »

My mates 60+ year old mum used to come with us and bring a carrier bag full of drinks and hot cross buns, got searched every week.  Don’t think it’s anything new really

Going off on a tangent a bit, she didn't bring a cushion also did she.

I ask because in the mid/latter 90's I took my then girlfriend to her first football game. She was a big Newcastle United fan having been born up there but moved to Oxon when she was young, so I took her to the wonder which was STFC v. Cambridge United in one of the pointless cups. We ended up in the Arkells behind a woman in her 60's who had a cushion that she had bought from home and spent the entire game berating the referee (to no one in particular and very politely) that he was favouring Cambridge, the highlight being a long monologue based around the fact that whilst they were Cambridge and thus upper class and thought of themselves as being better than Swindon, her grand daughter went to Swindon college and that was as least as good as Cambridge. (actually thinking about it she was almost a female Reg!)

One of the funnier 90 minutes I have spent at the CG, plus we won - I think! Edit - we did! http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19960702
« Last Edit: Monday, October 16, 2017, 17:36:25 by horlock07 » Logged
china red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 16, 2017, 17:51:53 »

Nah, Townend season ticket holder for maybe 20 years and no cushion
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 17:03:12 »

Who would want to bring a bag that size into the ground. Would be sat on your lap all game  Huh?
Ileave my bag at home as she doesn't like football.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 18:23:54 »

Research has exposed an unprecedented level of handbag (other bags are available) swinging (that Margaret Thatcher would be proud of) on this site. Therefore most of you will have to suffer the ignominy of having yours searched this evening at the turnstiles. I trust you all left early enough not to miss the first half.......
Amir

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 18:55:46 »

ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 11:03:54 »

The Energy Bag Check County Ground  Huh?
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:59:56 »

I guess security has to be increased these days, I assume that's why I got searched at Field Mill

They weren't going to let me in because I had a laptop in my bag! After 10 mins of pleading and promising I wouldn't use it during the game they relented.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 10:03:57 »

They weren't going to let me in because I had a laptop in my bag! After 10 mins of pleading and promising I wouldn't use it during the game they relented.

What did they think you were going to do, watch a film?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 10:06:48 »

Is there a strict policy against using Amazon at matches or something?!

On another note - why did you have a laptop at the game?!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 10:14:27 »

I guess the average jihadi can make a bomb which looks like a lap top.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: