Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield v Swindon Match day thread  (Read 19263 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 22:55:48 »

Been a while, however I am unbeaten so thought it would be a good opportunity. I think everyone would take a draw.

Hoping Goddard and mullin start tomorrow, will take and be happy with 1-1, Norris to score first.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 06:14:52 »

1-1. More extreme hoofing and lack of quality in the final delivery

I come from a land down-under
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 06:53:51 »

1-1. More extreme hoofing and lack of quality in the final delivery
From what I've seen this season, I don't get this "extreme hoofing" criticism. Yes, there's more getting rid as opposed to arsing about at the back, but it's hardly been John Beck tactics.

Looking forward to an away day today, so I'll be happy to eat my hat if I witness a hoof-fest.

We're too unpredictable to predict a result but I'd be happy with a point. Consecutive defeats is always a bit grrr.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 07:01:13 »

Don't suppose we'll take as many coaches as on the championship clinching day of the Macari era!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 07:04:08 »

I知 going for an exciting 2-2. My biggest worry is keeping a lid on my enthusiasm if and when we score. I値l be sat with the homies today with an ex work colleague. Still a few beers tonight an a CIU affiliated miners club listening to ripping yarns about the miners strike, their hatred of Tories and southerners should make for an interesting weekend. This ought be an orgasmic night out for Horlock and Smeeton I would have thought.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 08:07:03 »

From what I've seen this season, I don't get this "extreme hoofing" criticism. Yes, there's more getting rid as opposed to arsing about at the back, but it's hardly been John Beck tactics.
Glad to see someone post this and that it's not just me. Anyone who had not seen us play and just went by the posts on here would think we've been playing like Cambridge circa 1992 to use your comparison or indeed Swindon circa 1985-89. And we haven't.

I'll go for...

2-1 Anderson, Woolery
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 08:16:50 »

I知 going for an exciting 2-2. My biggest worry is keeping a lid on my enthusiasm if and when we score. I値l be sat with the homies today with an ex work colleague. Still a few beers tonight an a CIU affiliated miners club listening to ripping yarns about the miners strike, their hatred of Tories and southerners should make for an interesting weekend. This ought be an orgasmic night out for Horlock and Smeeton I would have thought.

You'd be best quiet on that subject in Notts, which of course was regarded by most other areas as Thatcherite and a hotbed of her Guardia Civilesque paramilitary police, as the heads of many Town fans discovered in 86.

Best stick to Brexit... they were dead keen on it. Be interesting to see if they still share your enthusiasm...
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 08:34:41 »

I'm out on the piss tonight, so a guaranteed win as I'll be missing it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 08:46:27 »

2-0 defeat unfortunately, can't see us having enough quality through the team to get a win up there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 08:54:32 »

I dreamt that I tried to make a bacon sandwich in a toaster.

2-0 Mansfield
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 08:55:20 »

Stags 1 Robins 2 and a bacon butty for Sonic at half time.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 09:04:18 »

Don't suppose we'll take as many coaches as on the championship clinching day of the Macari era!

What a day out that was. One of my best memories for an away day. We ran a coach from Faringdon. Stopped by the police at the services who wanted to turn us around. We had to empty all the alcohol from the coach which filled two full black bin bags. Then we clashed with some minors who were on strike as they tried to brick our coach and smashed one of the windows on a dual carriageway going into Mansfield, the whole coach emptied as we turned then over.
Then we packed the away end with more than it should hold. To win the championship there and the players coming back out to celebrate with us. Brilliant day out. Don't get days like that anymore.
Back to today which is the topic. Difficult game but I'm confident we will go on a winning run. So let's hope it's today.
2-1 to the Town. Norris and Anderson. COYR
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 09:23:12 »

And Nottinghamshire痴 finest keep their truncheons to themselves this time. Fuck me, that was a rough day.

1-1
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 09:26:56 »

Pre match aggressive flying picketing in The Widow Frost.

Living in the shadow of Steve Evans overhang at least means that old miners lamps are still put to good use here.

An assured performance, similar to Luton, is needed today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 09:30:48 »

Glad to see someone post this and that it's not just me. Anyone who had not seen us play and just went by the posts on here would think we've been playing like Cambridge circa 1992 to use your comparison or indeed Swindon circa 1985-89. And we haven't.
No chance. Cambridge in 1992 and Swindon 85-89 were good at it, with some good players. This team would love to be able to emulate them I'm sure.

3-0 Mansfield. Evans will have them pumped up to show us what we missed out on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: