Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jon Motson retiring  (Read 6837 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 13:52:37 »

By that argument around 90% of football supporters (and 99% of Town fans) clearly do not enjoy football....
Yes, and your point is? Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 14:10:56 »

Alan Green does some commentary on Fox for Atlanta Utd games, he's a bit different, less cynical (although they like it to be a bit partisan so he goes along with that and can still have a pop at the ref).  Maybe it's the sun, he does go on about that a fair bit.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 14:27:50 »

Back in his 606 days we would always fawn over people based in hot countries.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 16:00:51 »

There aren't any football commentators that stand out for me, I find them all much of a muchness. I may just be being ignorant. Who's the best?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 16:07:49 »

Peter Brackley.
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 16:38:44 »

Alan Partridge: "Shit, did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 13, 2017, 17:33:14 »

I agree with the OF/MG.

I liked listening to the commentaries of Barry Davies and Brian Moore when I was a kid and commentators who let the celebrations do the talking after goals instead of explaining how important the goal was with a hyperbolic tone.

Commentators nowadays are more obvious in their quest for a 'they think it's all over' moment.

Fully grown adults love it though...

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 09:38:06 »

I agree with the OF/MG.

I liked listening to the commentaries of Barry Davies and Brian Moore when I was a kid and commentators who let the celebrations do the talking after goals instead of explaining how important the goal was with a hyperbolic tone.

Commentators nowadays are more obvious in their quest for a 'they think it's all over' moment.
So right. I remember one of them coming out with "Cometh the hour cometh the man" nearing the end of one the World Cup finals. Cunt.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: