Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'XTC: This is Pop!' documentary  (Read 2471 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 11:26:18 »

This was screened on Sky Arts Saturday night. Any one see it? Haven't watched it all yet. Seemed like a fairly routine chronological account from what I've seen so far. Nice to hear some good, old Swindon accents on the tele, mind!.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 13:43:44 »

Yes, watched it last night and thought it quite well done, Andy Partridge his usual self depreciating persona most of the time. Was not into their earlier stuff and only picked up on them when they moved away from "punk". Must re-visit their catalogue as some of the music played on the programme I was not aware of and sounded good.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 13:56:37 »

This should definitely be our walk on music either followed by or preceded by the hooter blast.

I'm sure PV would concur.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 18:36:09 »

No, it should be this...

sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 20:44:53 »

'(The Everyday Story Of) Smalltown' is Partridge's paean to this fair town, is it not?
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 20:47:06 »

'(The Everyday Story Of) Smalltown' is Partridge's paean to this fair town, is it not?

Also an excellent choice...

The fact one lyric is “Next you’ll be telling me it’s 1990” makes me feel a little old...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: