Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This year v Last year  (Read 6706 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 08:36:16 »

This debate seems to be cropping up a lot, so lets have a go at a last year v this year game. Bit of fun, but serious debate allowed...

Last year (team taken from away v AFC Wimbledon on Oct 15):
Vigs
Furlong Thompson Thomas Brophy
Kasim Rodgers
Goddard Murray Iandolo
Delfouneso

This year (team taken from away v Cheltenham on Saturday):
RCC
Purkiss Preston Lancashire Taylor
Gordon Dunne Linganzi Woolery
Norris Anderson

(Teams courtesy of the brilliant Swindon-town-fc.co.uk)

How does the game go? Who's the scapegoat for both teams? How do the post match interviews go?

Give it your best....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 08:49:50 »

Obvious scapegoat is Johnny Goddard, the only player to feature in both games.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 09:00:31 »

Or Norris who also came on as a sub
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 09:43:12 »

0-0 draw.

Last year's Swindon pass around the ball for 80% of the game, but lose it in the final third. Williams explodes into Kleenex at our ball domination post match, they will go again.

This years Swindon lump it forward on the 20% of possession they have and lose the ball in the final third as it shanks in every direction. Flitcroft praises their honest hard working approach, because that's the standards he trying to instill, only its taking longer than he thought.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 09:43:19 »

We still haven't got a proper LB, that was a failing last year and to an extent this year.  OK Hussey is good enough but you can't expect him to play all games and he's only on loan.

The 2 line ups pretty much reveal the difference between this year and last... last year it was supposedly about developing players for the transfer market, but it was obvious, there was no one good enough to be worth a fee, and only a couple like Nathan and Yaser might just about merit a Div 3 club.

This season it's accepting we've nobody of quality, but at least producing a workman like side that should keep us in the FL

Oh and this season's side would muller last years, especially at the CG bit like Eastleigh did.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 9, 2017, 09:46:15 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 14:08:35 »

This years team would comfortably beat last years
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 21:39:20 »

We still haven't got a proper LB, that was a failing last year and to an extent this year.

What on earth are you on about now. We bring in Chris Hussey, who has approximately 300 professional appearances, yet we still haven't got a proper left back? I'd love to know your definition of this, Reg, I really would.

This season it's accepting we've nobody of quality, but at least producing a workman like side that should keep us in the FL

Come off it, you know as well as the rest of us that this seasons remit is promotion, that has been made crystal clear.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 9, 2017, 22:12:52 »

What on earth are you on about now. We bring in Chris Hussey, who has approximately 300 professional appearances, yet we still haven't got a proper left back? I'd love to know your definition of this, Reg, I really would.

Come off it, you know as well as the rest of us that this seasons remit is promotion, that has been made crystal clear.
From what I've seen thus far, this is not a promotion winning team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:11:53 »

Oh go on then... as I said Hussey is OK, but now injured and only on loan, so reality is that we haven't got a LB.

Reality is if you build a team of Div 4 journeymen, then that is likely what you'll get.

Flitcroft talks a good game, but a lot of what he says does reflect the facts... here's something from today.

“We are trying to drive a lot of things forward – a new attitude and a new way of trying to do things. Ninety per cent of the players and staff are really on board with that,” said Flitcroft.

“We are trying to turn around a lack of momentum at the club and it might just take a bit longer than I envisaged.

Coded language for he's come into a broken club that needs a complete overhaul.... never an easy job.  He's wrong insofar as there is momentum, in a downward direction, and he's just about bringing that to a halt but not without some screeching of brakes.

This is STFC atm...

« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 09:34:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:41:48 »

90% of players and staff on board, as he's had a complete overhaul of playing staff with only 4 players left from last season and he was allowed to bring in a new backroom team is he suggesting it is office staff that are not on board or is 1 of the 4 not happy ?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 12:50:27 »

Oh go on then... as I said Hussey is OK, but now injured and only on loan, so reality is that we haven't got a LB.

Reality is if you build a team of Div 4 journeymen, then that is likely what you'll get.

Flitcroft talks a good game, but a lot of what he says does reflect the facts... here's something from today.

Coded language for he's come into a broken club that needs a complete overhaul.... never an easy job.  He's wrong insofar as there is momentum, in a downward direction, and he's just about bringing that to a halt but not without some screeching of brakes.

This is STFC atm...

Yeah, Taylor's a waste of space isn't he.

Unbelievable.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 13:51:56 »

Yeah, Taylor's a waste of space isn't he.

Unbelievable.

Taylor's doing a holding job, but in the 6 games he's played we've won 3 and lost 3.... steady but I'd prefer Hussey back.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:05:25 »

Taylor's doing a holding job, but in the 6 games he's played we've won 3 and lost 3.... steady but I'd prefer Hussey back.

Fair enough, and that's a valid opinion. It'll be an interesting call when Hussey gets back. We've conceded less goals on average with Taylor in the team, even if we have lost half the games and, for me, he's a better defender positionally.

But the point you made, this month, was that we didn't have a left back at the club. That's an absolutely ridiculous comment.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:28:21 »

I see we beat fgr in a dev game today. Twine scored 3

BRING HIM BACK AND START HIM IN THE FIRST TEAM
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:49:35 »

do do do miles storey Scotty Twiiiine
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up