Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham v Swindon  (Read 22789 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 11:13:38 »

When he was appointed I really didn’t notice any Bury fans banging on about him being wedded to hoofball. I presume when Power interviewed him he asked about what style he would he play. Maybe he said I don’t give a shit how you do it, but get us out of this league.

Irrespective of results I just can’t watch the garbage being served up at the moment. It’s such a waste of the talent we do have up front. Feel sorry for Woolery and Anderson who are being branded poor but chasing balls with snow on doesn’t play to their strengths.

It won’t take much to get in the play offs, tbh. But for the fans to buy into it the hoofing has to be moderated.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 11:40:01 »

The problem with hoofball is that you really need a great target man otherwise the ball is given away. Norris is not a great target man. Against Cambridge our defenders had plenty of time and still hoofed it. If the midfield don't come short what else can they do. The problem we've got is that Norris wins very little in the air and when he does the wingers are very wide and the midfield fuck knows where. The defenders are good for aerial bombardments but shit when ran at - typical for this division. The forwards are ok. Gordon is decent, so is Anderson. Norris is hit and miss but greatly improved. Woolery had a good cameo v Exeter and has been total turd since.
I'm not sure I see a play off place at the moment. On the positive side I felt that if we kept our Swindon way then we'd go straight through the league.
Overall were doing ok but fans are walking. The football has been shit but it always has been at this level. I predicted top 10 but outside play offs. I've seen nothing to change my mind.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 12:38:26 »

Dont know why the club announced the fee they paid for Woolery when they signed him tbh, talk about setting the bloke up for a fall before he even started!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 13:26:52 »

Irrespective of results I just can’t watch the garbage being served up at the moment. It’s such a waste of the talent we do have up front. Feel sorry for Woolery and Anderson who are being branded poor but chasing balls with snow on doesn’t play to their strengths.
Living abroad and not having much opportunity to see live games, I was really looking forward to watching the games on iFollow this season.

After watching Exeter live and Barnet on iFollow and listening to a few of the other match commentaries, all the enthusiasm I had evaporated. The football is total shite. Every couple of games, after a win normally, I summon up the interest to watch or listen to the commentary (the last one being Forest Green), hoping that the team has settled down into a proper footballing team. It's not though. It's still shite and I'm resigned now to the fact that every game this season is going to be depressingly poor, win or lose. I can't remember the last time we had such a poor footballing team and I've been supporting for nearly 40 years. Have we even managed to string together more than 3 passes in a game this season before it's given away or hoofed? Even when we were shite in the past we still tried to play a bit - either passing the ball around or with players that could run at opponents (even Macari's team......).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 13:38:42 »

no idea what's going on with Tom Smith. he's not the Messiah, but he's looked pretty reasonable when I've seen him play.

must be a really shit trainer
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 13:44:22 »

no idea what's going on with Tom Smith. he's not the Messiah, but he's looked pretty reasonable when I've seen him play.

must be a really shit trainer
I've heard he's a bit of a cock but that's not really been a hindrance to being a town player in the past. I don't see much with liganzi. Dunne looks our likeliest leader but then gets sent off and gives away a real dum shit penalty. I really don't see what we've got to lose with Smith. At least put him on the bench.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #111 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 13:48:30 »

If you sign players like Woolery and Anderson then surely you should play to their dtrenghts, ball played into the channels on the ground so they can beat slow defenders with their pace and get balls into the box or put them into 1 on 1 positions with the keeper.

You can't expect them to win balls in the air hoofed up from the back against defenders that are 6 foot 2+.

Flitcroft must be able to see that surely?

Norris although playing quite well in front of goal is not a target man as such and will not win most balls hoofed up to him either.

Play to the players strengths and we will start scoring, Anderson and Wollery will beat most defenders in this division for pace so let them.

As for Smith, I can only guess that Flitcroft does not think he is physically able to fit into our side yet, he has the ability but maybe not the body strength our style currently needs, or he is very poor in training.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 14:21:37 »

I can't remember the last time we had such a poor footballing team and I've been supporting for nearly 40 years. 

Last season's side was much worse.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, October 8, 2017, 16:39:25 »

I've heard he's a bit of a cock but that's not really been a hindrance to being a town player in the past. I don't see much with liganzi. Dunne looks our likeliest leader but then gets sent off and gives away a real dum shit penalty. I really don't see what we've got to lose with Smith. At least put him on the bench.
Yeah my cousin has first hand experience of him being a bit big time and that was before he scored at Crewe.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: