Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham v Swindon  (Read 22867 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:07:05 »

Lack of discipline to give away a free kick in ET.

IMO we paid the price for a piss poor first half....nearly got a point too.

Quality is poor but miles away from last seasons shit IMO, so for that I'm grateful, maybe some people think we should be pissing the league...not me.

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:07:36 »

Exeter apart, who do seem to be well drilled in trying to play some football but probably lose out to lump it teams, this entire division including us is playing football roulette.  It's low skill chuck it up and see what happens football mixed in with set pieces.  I still think we will end up in the play offs because the front four we can put out is probably better than most others and we have two players who can put a good set piece in from time to time.  Therefore we can win at football roulette more so than others, but it does give you games like today - truly awful with both teams just as likely to lose or win.
Problem is we’ve probably paid twice as much for our roulette players compared to most teams in this league.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:08:03 »

I guess like you say Rob that at least we are still in most games, even the ones we lose. That's better than a lot of last year where it was game over once we went down a goal.

OK we may not deserve to win, but it wasn't inconceivable.

I guess that's a positive.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:08:08 »

Exeter apart, who do seem to be well drilled in trying to play some football but probably lose out to lump it teams, this entire division including us is playing football roulette.  It's low skill chuck it up and see what happens football mixed in with set pieces.  I still think we will end up in the play offs because the front four we can put out is probably better than most others and we have two players who can put a good set piece in from time to time.  Therefore we can win at football roulette more so than others, but it does give you games like today - truly awful with both teams just as likely to lose or win.

Good post...at one point you could toss a coin today.

Clems Army!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:14:42 »

First half we were shit, second half much the better team.

We totally gave it away at the end, several stupid fouls of which they were always going to score from one of the free kicks.  Fairly sure it was Mcdermott who gave the foul away.  Offers very little from what I've seen other than a lack of discipline.

Our dire record at Whadden Road continues.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:18:10 »

The fuck does Dunne actually do? Awful, awful player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:23:02 »

The fuck does Dunne actually do?

Aquaducts.

No, wait, that was the Romans.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:26:40 »

Swindon, just a small village in Cheltenham.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:44:32 »

Let's not get carried away, we have a totally new management team, a totally new way of playing, basically a totally new squad of players and we always lose at Whaddon Road. We are 11th and only a good run away from being in the top 6.

The quality (Exeter aside) is poor but I think we have enough to challenge for the play-offs this season.
There is going to be ups and downs for sure but it could be worse, look at Vale and Chesterfield!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:47:00 »

Swindon, just a small village in Cheltenham.
Just for once, that stupid moronic song would be geographically correct  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 16:49:28 »

Let's not get carried away, we have a totally new management team, a totally new way of playing, basically a totally new squad of players and we always lose at Whaddon Road. We are 11th and only a good run away from being in the top 6.

The quality (Exeter aside) is poor but I think we have enough to challenge for the play-offs this season.
There is going to be ups and downs for sure but it could be worse, look at Vale and Chesterfield!
That’s not the point though, Bob. I’m sure we could be 11th trying to play a bit of football and trying to entertain the fans. No wonder people are staying away in droves - it’s fucking dreadful to watch.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 17:00:42 »

That’s not the point though, Bob. I’m sure we could be 11th trying to play a bit of football and trying to entertain the fans. No wonder people are staying away in droves - it’s fucking dreadful to watch.
This is the problem, I wasn’t expecting to piss the league but I was expecting us to have a bit of quality at this level with our budget. As I say only Swindon could go from one extreme way of playing to the complete opposite in one pre season, I’m surprised Power has let us become such an ‘anti football’ team. Does beg the question what would happen if we did go up as we couldn’t possibly play this style up a league and we’ll have to bin off pretty much the entire squad so there isn’t even any real building for the future.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 17:17:31 »

But then people would be saying 'well we are playing great football, but we're only 11th, etc etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 17:20:47 »

This is the problem, I wasn’t expecting to piss the league but I was expecting us to have a bit of quality at this level with our budget. As I say only Swindon could go from one extreme way of playing to the complete opposite in one pre season, I’m surprised Power has let us become such an ‘anti football’ team. Does beg the question what would happen if we did go up as we couldn’t possibly play this style up a league and we’ll have to bin off pretty much the entire squad so there isn’t even any real building for the future.

The decision to bin off the Swindon Way, and return to traditional Div 4 football was entirely correct. Div 4 is a grind, we've been in it often enough in relatively recent years to know this.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, October 7, 2017, 17:23:17 »

The decision to bin off the Swindon Way, and return to traditional Div 4 football was entirely correct. Div 4 is a grind, we've been in it often enough in relatively recent years to know this.
There is a balance. I wouldn’t call defenders smashing a ball 60 yards every time it comes near them a way of playing to be honest. There is a happy medium to be found between overplaying and not playing any football.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: