Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GWH Radiotherapy appeal  (Read 3493 times)
overthehill

Ignore
« on: Sunday, October 1, 2017, 10:30:18 »

Looking at the latest figures it seems that only 60% of the target of £2.9 million has been reached.
For a catchment area of this size it is sad that the people of Swindon are so reluctant to dig deep into their pockets to help fund a project that at some time or other may be needed by  themselves or a family member.
Anyone that has needed treatment at Oxford will know of the hardships and distress caused.
I have no connection to the fundraising team but urge all you TEFERS to give the fund a helping hand.
COYR

When you're smiling.........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 09:05:05 »

Have to be honest, this is the first I've heard of it. Maybe that's part of the problem - more profile needed?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 09:24:23 »

I think most people in Swindon that has been touched by cancer would happily donate, if they knew about the appeal of course.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 09:34:09 »

It all falls under Brighter Futures, which is the fundraising/charitable arm of GWH. I'd imagine most people have come across Brighter Futures before but might not necessarily know about the radiotherapy appeal.

https://www.brighterfuturesgwh.nhs.uk/

Personally I've seen and noticed lots of their stuff and I think they've publicised it pretty well. 

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 09:49:40 »

It's been pretty well advertised that I've seen, I'm doing the Reindeer Run in December which is raising money for this appeal.

My Dad's been going through treatment for the past year and has had to travel to Oxford for radiotherapy treatment on several occasions.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 09:54:28 »

Looking at the latest figures it seems that only 60% of the target of £2.9 million has been reached.
For a catchment area of this size it is sad that the people of Swindon are so reluctant to dig deep into their pockets to help fund a project that at some time or other may be needed by  themselves or a family member.
Anyone that has needed treatment at Oxford will know of the hardships and distress caused.
I have no connection to the fundraising team but urge all you TEFERS to give the fund a helping hand.
COYR

Sorry if this is out of order, but you have no idea of individuals personal circumstances. To say we are reluctant, i find slightly offensive. In the current economic climate, there are people/families struggling to look after themselves, let alone think about giving money they don't have to charity. Nothing to be with being reluctant.

Sorry, rant over.

My mum has battled (and survived) cancer twice, so i saw the strain it put on her and my old man having travel to oxford on a daily basis for treatment.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 10:36:57 »

It all falls under Brighter Futures, which is the fundraising/charitable arm of GWH. I'd imagine most people have come across Brighter Futures before but might not necessarily know about the radiotherapy appeal.

https://www.brighterfuturesgwh.nhs.uk/

Personally I've seen and noticed lots of their stuff and I think they've publicised it pretty well.  

Fair enough, maybe just me with my head up my arse then! But to go back to the original post, I'm just ignorant rather than reluctant Smiley

EDIT: just seen Ginginho's justgiving plug for this on FB so I am neither ignorant nor reluctant any more. Pile in folks:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/simon-maisey
« Last Edit: Monday, October 2, 2017, 10:42:41 by pauld » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 10:53:37 »

Ha, cheers, seeing this post reminded me to share it on there! Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 10:58:17 »

I mean it about the novelty antlers and red nose by the way!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 11:04:44 »

Fair enough, maybe just me with my head up my arse then! But to go back to the original post, I'm just ignorant rather than reluctant Smiley

EDIT: just seen Ginginho's justgiving plug for this on FB so I am neither ignorant nor reluctant any more. Pile in folks:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/simon-maisey

Given your ignorance, it might be worth pointing out the difference between Bright Futures and Brighter Futures. There are 2 Bright Futures both educational, one that organises events to raise student self esteem, and encourage understanding of different learning styles, and te other a Govist academy chain. You probably wouldn't want to donate to that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 11:20:13 »

Given your ignorance, it might be worth pointing out the difference between Bright Futures and Brighter Futures. There are 2 Bright Futures both educational, one that organises events to raise student self esteem, and encourage understanding of different learning styles, and te other a Govist academy chain. You probably wouldn't want to donate to that.
Ha ha cheers Reg, no definitely not. I'm trusting Ginghino to have set up his JustGiving page correctly in this instance but in future will be careful to check any potential charitable donations for oily careerist economy-ruiners in the background
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 11:27:27 »

I mean it about the novelty antlers and red nose by the way!

Ha, will definitely look at wearing some silly attire, that's the only reason I'm doing it! Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 11:30:43 »

Ha, will definitely look at wearing some silly attire, that's the only reason I'm doing it! Smiley

Silly attire=Swindon kit Wink

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 11:31:32 »

Swindon kit and some antlers, that'll do!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 2, 2017, 11:45:14 »

Swindon kit and some antlers, that'll do!
Please repost the link closer to the date and I will donate to it mate, money tight right at this moment.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: