Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Cambridge Utd Official Match Day Thread  (Read 11699 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 15:53:36 »

Seems like some decent subs too. Mullin, Goddard & obviously Smith all came on and contributed. Smith a goal, Goddard with the assist. Comms says shortly before Mullin had a shot blocked too.

2-0 take that. Tricky game on paper. Talking of paper, did someone say clean sheet?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 15:57:08 »

Terrible game of football, could have won 5-2.  Think Goddard deserves a shot next game, he adds some composure out wide.  Gordon looks ok, as does Anderson, Smith probably going to start as well.  The top four of the team is why I still think play offs for us.
Panda Paws

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:09:16 »

Good result. Worrying the Norris is out again. Interested to hear how Preston looked.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:12:39 »

Watched on iFollow, Preston looked very assured, was given MOTM and you'd be pressed to argue that in my opinion, looks a good addition.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:25:39 »

Goal on 12 mins, goal 5 mins from the end. Both teams pretty awful in between, but I'll take that. Favourite moment of the afternoon was the bloke behind me who spent all last season shouting  "Get it forward!" or just "Noooo" every time someone tried to start again or retain possession, now bellowing "Don't just lump it Town, keep hold of it". Cracked me up
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:34:15 »

Less than 3 pages on a match day thread and a sub 6000 attendance at the ground. Apathy is growing...
Standard of football in this division is dire, but a wine's a win. Thought Preston looked a marked improvement on Robertson. Gordon was very impressive, particularly in the first half and Taylor had his best game in a Town shirt.

It's All Good..............
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:43:52 »

Less than 3 pages on a match day thread and a sub 6000 attendance at the ground. Apathy is growing...
Standard of football in this division is dire, but a wine's a win. Thought Preston looked a marked improvement on Robertson. Gordon was very impressive, particularly in the first half and Taylor had his best game in a Town shirt.

A wine certainly is a win. I'm having a very smooth Malbec as we speak... I think Taylor is just playing in his more natural position. Certainly prefer him as LB cover instead of relying for CM lynch pin. With Goddard coming back I don't think we should see Taylor in CM again too many times. Preston seems good and Knoyle is seemingly fit but I suppose Flitters doesn't want to unsettle the defence too much? May add pace once he gets involved and i imagine Hussey will be back in contention next week or the game after. Nice to see no cards for us and a clean sheet. Norris probably just a precaution but Smith can do a job when needed.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:44:24 »

thought it was a deserved win, and while they got the bar and had one off the line I thought the defence was remarkably assured.

nice.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:45:21 »

oh and shame about Norris, looks buggered again
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 16:57:46 »

We will get out of this division simply because there are 20 teams worse than us. Dreadful league.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 17:00:17 »

We will get out of this division simply because there are 20 teams worse than us. Dreadful league.

Pretty much. I'm going to make my usual 10 game/ end of september prediction and say we'll finish 5th, a point short off automatic.

'Incessant Nonsense'

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 17:09:04 »

Not as crap as my last game versus Crawley but still pretty dismal viewing. I thought Lancashire and Preston coped well against a very physical front two and we seemed relatively assured defensively. Midfield won as much as they gave away, needs something else in the middle. Gordon and Anderson look very useful, nothing came off for Norris today and then he dislocated his shoulder lunging into an unnecessary block - terrible luck.

Agree that we probably have enough about us to get promoted but I won’t be rushing back.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 17:21:04 »

Better to watch than last season, and I think Flitcroft has done well to produce a brand new team which seems to have no hint of relegation about it. I liked the way everybody got back behind the ball and were not often exposed.

ust be the oldest
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 17:48:32 »

I will gladly watch whatever it takes to get out of this division. A few Cov fans said we're the best side they've faced this season. If that doesn't tell you how bad this league is, I don't know what will.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 30, 2017, 17:59:05 »

A win is usually still a whine

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: