Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Coventry City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19030 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 12:00:17 »

I wonder if we would be better with keeping possession playing 2 up front instead of Norris and an other behind him, it seems to go up front too quick from the back.

Coventry looked a decent team that had done their homework on our defense and a lot of times played the little striker between the 2 center backs hanging on the shoulder and many a time he got the run on them.

Are refs generally more inconsistent this season or are the poorer ones just being shoved down to L2 ? in my opinion all refs should be at the same level not some pro refs and some not, why should the premier always get the so called best refs then when they get it wrong get bounced down to the lower league as a punishment.

Last night was Mr Breakspear.... of JSW/Pope fame, along with disallowing a good goal after Glad All Over had been played.

It's a difficult job, and I don't think we went down last year because of referees, any more than Flitters got sacked by Bury, despite having the benefit of Mr Breakspear's largesse last season at the CG.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 16:00:04 »

They make it more difficult than they should do. At this level the linos generally aren't fit enough to keep up with play and the same can be said about a lot of the referees. Quite hard to give decisions when you are still in the other half of the pitch. A lot of the time if they make an iffy decision it impacts their judgement for the rest of the game. Then they lose control of the game and make equally iffy decisions to try and stamp their authority back on the game but in reality they just lose even more control. Last night was a classic example, the push on Smith was a blatant penalty but after turning theirs down he wouldn't give it to level things out.

Then again some are just incompetent and last nights falls firmly into that bracket. I don't understand what the Lino could see that the ref couldn't when he was stood 3 yards away. Personally I think they guessed on the red card incident based on player reactions.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 16:02:09 »

I want to see more of Woolery. Is Anderson much better? Not on what I've see

I like Mullin as a player but think he is a central striker and is wasted on the wing, I think Woolery would be a better proposition there, a bit unfair on Mullin but I don't think it is working out for him in the position the manager wants to play him.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, September 27, 2017, 16:06:19 »

A team pushing for the play offs and with the experience we have in our team this season should have seen the game out and at least got a draw. For the life of me don't understand why we signed Robertson and other teams will suss out we have no pace at the back and with our ancient back four others will capitalise on it no doubt. Robertson should have been sent off but yet again an experienced players being a total dick cost us the game by getting sent off. We don't have any technical players in this team and as poor a team as we had last year they would have played keep ball and possibly seen out a draw but this lot are all hoofers and the control the majority have of a ball is shocking. But we have what we have and I think its up in the air where we will finish. we have one more point in the first 10 games than we had with Di Canio as manager but we played better football under him and had better players in my opinion who could play football.
The games we have lost this season have all been our own undoing and losing 4 out of 10 is crap in this crap league but every team will have a bad patch as they all do so hopefully this is ours but if it continues I don't think LP will muck about this season and he will change it because we have to go back straight up and with the home crowds getting lower each week he will start to press the button on DF if things don't improve.
Another shit ref last night for both sides and the level of refs gets worse every season and sometime I don't understand some of their ridiculous decision or non decisions it changes who ever is ref such as pulling in the box.
But any how I think this Saturday if we have a bad result fans will make their feelings known its a must win game and wouldn't be surprised if the guy Preston start this Saturday as he has some pace or maybe Purkiss goes in the middle and Knoyle starts as they have two guys up front who are scoring and unless we resolve our slow pace at the back we could come unstuck again.
I'm getting pissed off now with some of the poor decisions some of our players are making and costing us games and they need to be more professional than they currently are.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 08:51:27 »

A team pushing for the play offs and with the experience we have in our team this season should have seen the game out and at least got a draw. For the life of me don't understand why we signed Robertson and other teams will suss out we have no pace at the back and with our ancient back four others will capitalise on it no doubt. Robertson should have been sent off but yet again an experienced players being a total dick cost us the game by getting sent off. We don't have any technical players in this team and as poor a team as we had last year they would have played keep ball and possibly seen out a draw but this lot are all hoofers and the control the majority have of a ball is shocking. But we have what we have and I think its up in the air where we will finish. we have one more point in the first 10 games than we had with Di Canio as manager but we played better football under him and had better players in my opinion who could play football.
The games we have lost this season have all been our own undoing and losing 4 out of 10 is crap in this crap league but every team will have a bad patch as they all do so hopefully this is ours but if it continues I don't think LP will muck about this season and he will change it because we have to go back straight up and with the home crowds getting lower each week he will start to press the button on DF if things don't improve.
Another shit ref last night for both sides and the level of refs gets worse every season and sometime I don't understand some of their ridiculous decision or non decisions it changes who ever is ref such as pulling in the box.
But any how I think this Saturday if we have a bad result fans will make their feelings known its a must win game and wouldn't be surprised if the guy Preston start this Saturday as he has some pace or maybe Purkiss goes in the middle and Knoyle starts as they have two guys up front who are scoring and unless we resolve our slow pace at the back we could come unstuck again.
I'm getting pissed off now with some of the poor decisions some of our players are making and costing us games and they need to be more professional than they currently are.

Agreed. Bowyer out
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 16:56:19 »

I notice that the club have appealed Dunne's red card. Didn't see the incident myself. Any chance he could be banned for more than 3 games for appealing.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, September 28, 2017, 20:59:32 »

IMO that could be a dangerous appeal ending up with a longer ban. After reviewing the incident several times it appears that Dunne kicked out at Doyle as he first went down. Maybe that is what the lino saw and told the ref.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: