Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Coventry City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19295 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:27:33 »

Especially when the back line isn't even fucking functional

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:36:15 »

Fuck.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:37:04 »

The officials in this league my word.....
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:37:55 »

Robertson terrifies me. We got better in the 2nd half and I thought we might have gone on to win until Dunne thought he'd shove their bloke in the face.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:39:47 »

Dunne is always a red card waiting to happen.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:40:37 »

Dunne and Robertson seem to be liabilities.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:41:50 »

Another dreadful spectacle to add to the list.  I agree with the sentiment it didn't seem this bad the last two times we were here, probably just that we are doing our part to join in this time.  Deserved the loss, could have drawn, can't believe either team is in the play off of automatic hunt, seen plenty worse!

How on earth do promoted teams do well in L1?

Aside from Exeter, who equally fuck it up often enough, I haven't seen team possess any real quality, the sort that means you can have spells of control in a game.  Even though we looked like losing throughout that game today, at no point could either team take any sort of foothold, it was just helter skelter.  Nobody had more than a few seconds on the ball, nobody seemed able to think about building pressure.  Get it forward as quick as possible and worry about what happens next when you get there.  They had more upfront so always looked more likely, but it was just every other game we have played this season but faster.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:42:55 »

Oh and I still think the play offs is entirely possible.  Forest Green Rovers are in this league for fucks sake.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:43:44 »

Its starting to look like Flitcroft has fucked up recruitment wise at the back and centre mid. We've got a fuck load of attacking options but literally no one to create for or at even times pass to them
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:44:34 »

That's on purpose, hence my play off's statement - we have enough to stifle shitter teams and score against them.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:46:29 »

By on purpose I mean load the team with Div 2 has beens who know what to expect week in week out, most of the time they will be enough.  The wages go on the front four who earn us the points.  Over the course of a season we play more FGR's than we do Coventry's and Exeter's.  Every game has been similar, so everything we are doing, including player recruitment is by design.  It will be enough, just not good watching.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:50:41 »

By on purpose I mean load the team with Div 2 has beens who know what to expect week in week out, most of the time they will be enough.  The wages go on the front four who earn us the points.  Over the course of a season we play more FGR's than we do Coventry's and Exeter's.  Every game has been similar, so everything we are doing, including player recruitment is by design.  It will be enough, just not good watching.
To an extent I agree and we have assembled a semi disposable team that can be binned off at the end of the season if we do go up. But it can't be by design to leather the ball the Keshi Andersons head all the time, I just don't think the likes of Robertson especially are the reliable old pros that were expected.
Flashheart

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:52:14 »

We were woeful at the back, and still I think Coventry would not have beaten us had Dunne not been an utter nobhead.

I remember L2 being better last time, but then we did have a nut-job with a fuck-ton of money at the helm.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:55:52 »

We were woeful at the back, and still I think Coventry would not have beaten us had Dunne not been an utter nobhead.

I remember L2 being better last time, but then we did have a nut-job with a fuck-ton of money at the helm.
I just think a lot is about being solid at the back. We had a well drilled back line that formed the foundation of the team. At the moment they are so hopeless in possession and unpredictable that it seems to give the whole team the jitters.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 20:58:31 »

Just watched the sending-off again. It's pathetic that something that petty gets you sent off. The guy on the floor was wrapped round his legs so he pushed him away. It's nothing.

Oh, and I don't think Beckham deserved to be sent off vs Simeone either.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: