Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Vegan Rovers v STFC Match Day Thread  (Read 23672 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 08:47:41 »

Does anyone think that corner might have gone straight in anyway ?

I'm not saying he wasn't right to make sure, just wondering
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 09:20:31 »

Dull game, we weren't brilliant but never looked like conceding(don't say that about Swindon very often).

Defence did pretty much all that was asked of it, several players were pretty anonymous like Dunne and Elsnick, we didn't create many and should have had 2 pens, also if Norris had his shooting boots on then he would have had 2 as well.

The standard is what you expect in the bottom league, lots of hoof and blood and guts tackles, we looked far better than them when we did break and when the ball was played on the deck we did play some good stuff.

The ball was played long by both teams too much, totally bypassing midfield for 75% of the game which worked in our favour for the first 15 mins and all the 2nd half with FGR probably having a spell of about 20 mins where they looked the better team but they failed to create any clear cut chances at all.

The only player I would have of theirs was that Gomez bloke on loan from Liverpool who looked eager to run and wanted the ball otherwise FGR looked like a team struggling and quality wise they looked like a team straight out of the Conference.

Oh and thank you keeper....your helped was much appreciated for both goals.

3 points, can't really ask for more, must be the best start away from home we have had since Macmahon was here in 95-96.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 09:30:34 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 09:40:13 »

Does anyone think that corner might have gone straight in anyway ?

I'm not saying he wasn't right to make sure, just wondering
I thought so. It certainly would have been very close - might have gone in off the post.

Dull game, we weren't brilliant but never looked like conceding(don't say that about Swindon very often).

Defence did pretty much all that was asked of it,
How DF was going to compensate for the loss of Conroy was obviously the big question before the game but it was a moot point as it turned out as FGR offered virtually no threat up front. I was quite shocked at how little they threatened in fact.  I could have probably played at CB last night*

*I couldn't.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 12:10:40 »

Miraculous, as he wasn't on the pitch.
Correct, must have been when i fell asleep!!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 12:14:13 »

I thought so. It certainly would have been very close - might have gone in off the post.
How DF was going to compensate for the loss of Conroy was obviously the big question before the game but it was a moot point as it turned out as FGR offered virtually no threat up front. I was quite shocked at how little they threatened in fact.  I could have probably played at CB last night*
I think Doige was their main threat and I only remeber him winning 1 header all game, FGR will struggle if they rely on him this season. The word "inept" seems a fair comment on their strikeforce.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 14:42:25 »

Watched it on catch-up this morning. Well, when I say watched it I had it on in the background. Shit advert for League 2 for the televiewing masses, but we won and that's the important thing. Great celebration by Taylor for his goal.

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 15:49:37 »

Fell asleep second half, woke up just in time for the 1st goal, so quite enjoyed the last 10 mins. Job done

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 17:06:39 »

Any of the TEF'ers under the masks ?

* FGR.JPG (51.54 KB, 466x455 - viewed 315 times.)

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 17:21:48 »

From Vegan Green RFovers last night, not some horror film !
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 20:29:34 »

I listened to BBC Glos and Mark Cooper politely bemoan the first goal as their was an infringement. I'd have been fuming if it was disallowed, the young GK is all over the shop.

walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 20:29:59 »

Good result needed that win. The salad eaters aren't too happy cooper and some want him sacked

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87122&sid=10029bc8205aaefde929847c3e39a96c
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, September 23, 2017, 22:21:22 »

Good result needed that win. The salad eaters aren't too happy cooper and some want him sacked

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87122&sid=10029bc8205aaefde929847c3e39a96c

Arrogant and dismissive of the home support?! No change there then!

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:03:03 »

Yes as I posted in the other thread.

The natives up the road in Nailsworth not happy with Mr Cooper.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87062
Not engaging with fans, distant, not caring, not clapping his fans at the end of the game...sound familiar?

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:14:53 »

Taylor's celebration was akin to an fa cup round winning goal. It was great to see. Imagine how he'd react if he did similar to "them down the road" in the cup. I could see it happening if the inevitable draw were to come about.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #104 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:25:26 »

I too would love a 1st round game vs the Pox home or away, lets put them back in their place, they have been struggling a bit at home and we are doing pretty well away from home.

And Matt Taylor can show those idiot Town fans who booed him on his debut and falsely accused him of being a fan of the Pox what he thinks of them.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: