Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Vegan Rovers v STFC Match Day Thread  (Read 23952 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:38:03 »

I too would love a 1st round game vs the Pox home or away, lets put them back in their place, they have been struggling a bit at home and we are doing pretty well away from home.

And Matt Taylor can show those idiot Town fans who booed him on his debut and falsely accused him of being a fan of the Pox what he thinks of them.

Yeah that's just silly really. I think that's why getting his goal (no matter how fortunate, although the keeper was blinded by his defender) was just a huge relief to say "I am trying and I want to do well here". Even for an experienced player (especially as you start to doubt the ability and fitness you once had), confidence can still be a massive thing. He knows he's going to have to work just that bit harder.

On another note, I think Robertson did ok, considering the few mishaps he'd had previously. Again confidence could help. FGR were poor in part but for some reason I still saw this as a kind of pivotal match.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:38:04 »

I think some of our fans are being a little harsh on the performance on Friday.

We controlled 75% of the game and never looked like letting a goal in at any point, Norris could have easily got a hattrick on another day and every save Vigeroux made was a shot straight at him.

Yes the stand is shit and you can be dragged down to a lower level but this is league 2 and you can only beat whats up against you, we were away from home, I am happy with the result.

The game was not a great advert for league 2 football but what the hell do people expect? its the bottom divison, teams, including ours, wouldnt be here if they were any good.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:40:36 »

Yeah that's just silly really. I think that's why getting his goal (no matter how fortunate, although the keeper was blinded by his defender) was just a huge relief to say "I am trying and I want to do well here". Even for an experienced player (especially as you start to doubt the ability and fitness you once had), confidence can still be a massive thing. He knows he's going to have to work just that bit harder.

On another note, I think Robertson did ok, considering the few mishaps he'd had previously. Again confidence could help. FGR were poor in part but for some reason I still saw this as a kind of pivotal match.
I thought the whole defence never looked under much pressure all game but still made no individual errors at all, Doidge only won a single header and FGR never got into a single decent scoring position, you can't ask for any more than that.

I hope Husseys groin stretch/strain isn't too bad as I dont think Taylor can do a full 90 mins at LB.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:46:16 »

I thought the whole defence never looked under much pressure all game but still made no individual errors at all, Doidge only won a single header and FGR never got into a single decent scoring position, you can't ask for any more than that.

I hope Husseys groin stretch/strain isn't too bad as I dont think Taylor can do a full 90 mins at LB.

Looking at it, Knoyle is looking close to first team action, maybe next match he'll give Taylor 60mins and Knoyle 30mins or vice versa. That could see us through for around 2 weeks (which is how long I think Hussey will be out for. 3 weeks max). I know Knoyle is a RB but to get match fit 30mins at LB and then potentially another 60mins would not hurt. Maybe even Purkiss could switch to LB. We should have enough cover.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Peter Venkman

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 10:52:00 »

Looking at it, Knoyle is looking close to first team action, maybe next match he'll give Taylor 60mins and Knoyle 30mins or vice versa. That could see us through for around 2 weeks (which is how long I think Hussey will be out for. 3 weeks max). I know Knoyle is a RB but to get match fit 30mins at LB and then potentially another 60mins would not hurt. Maybe even Purkiss could switch to LB. We should have enough cover.
Purkiss has filled in at LB while at PV but obviously not his natural position, still hopefully Hussey will be fit and we won't need that option.

Have to blood Knoyle in gently after his injury too but yes thats a definate option.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 11:00:57 »

I too would love a 1st round game vs the Pox home or away, lets put them back in their place, they have been struggling a bit at home and we are doing pretty well away from home.

And Matt Taylor can show those idiot Town fans who booed him on his debut and falsely accused him of being a fan of the Pox what he thinks of them.

But, but, that competition doesn’t count remember!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 11:02:04 »

I think Hussey had just had enough after that awful free iick he took Cheesy
Peter Venkman

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 11:05:16 »

he didn't have a good game for him and that FK was pretty shit!

And yes the JPT(whatever its called) doesn't count to them!

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 11:06:33 »

Funnily enough I kind of thought he had a "sheepish look" when he came off. You could well be right. That free kick was a shocker.  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

Peter Venkman

« Reply #114 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 11:10:12 »

Funnily enough I kind of thought he had a "sheepish look" when he came off. You could well be right. That free kick was a shocker.  Cheesy
I would say it was a row Z but in that stand I would say row D at most as that was the back row!

it was the first time I have seen Hussey and expected a bit more from him.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 12:19:29 »

We would never have scored the first goal if Hussey had still been on the field, he would probably have hit it so hard it would have sailed over everyone's heads and out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch.

He has got a great delivery when he puts his mind to it but needs to concentrate more on accuracy than power.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 13:55:36 »

It was job done and it's good to beat a former Town manager

Not always pretty football at this level but then footballers are in the business of trying to get their team promoted in order to be made redundant.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 13:58:18 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 16:07:27 »

Yes as I posted in the other thread.
Not engaging with fans, distant, not caring, not clapping his fans at the end of the game...sound familiar?

Apologies there, not been on here for a while so didn't know. As you were gents
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, September 24, 2017, 19:45:14 »

In all the euphoria of Friday night, I've only just realised we've got Cov on Tuesday.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #119 on: Monday, September 25, 2017, 07:14:35 »

It's a win on paper
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: