Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Conroy  (Read 10851 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 10:37:03 »

perhaps Robertson will be a Devera, absolute non league donkey his first 5 games, then bloody good thereafter...

maybe.
hopefully.

Robertson has plenty of Div 4 experience... he also played under Lingy and OST at Torquay, I can't imagine that Shaun would like a stopper who was less than committed.

Played in the Boxing Day game back in PdC Div 4 winning season, when Torquay beat us. Maybe a run of games is what he needs to get up to speed.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 11:49:21 »

I'm not sure where the evidence is that Purkiss can play centre half  Hmmm  Anybody got some?

May not be conclusive, but straight from the horse's mouth:

I’ve played the majority of my career at full-back and I can play at centre-half too,

Sauce: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/breaking-town-snap-up-experienced-purkiss/
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 13:30:25 »

Robertson has plenty of Div 4 experience... he also played under Lingy and OST at Torquay, I can't imagine that Shaun would like a stopper who was less than committed.

Played in the Boxing Day game back in PdC Div 4 winning season, when Torquay beat us. Maybe a run of games is what he needs to get up to speed.
Was it him that pulled Flint's shirt off at a Town corner?

I remember the Torquay defense playing well that game. Mind you Robertson was 6 years younger then and no doubt a bit more mobile....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 13:44:52 »

May not be conclusive, but straight from the horse's mouth:

Sauce: https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/breaking-town-snap-up-experienced-purkiss/

Yes. Fairly sound evidence, although it could mean playing in a 3 Nathan style, rather than a flat 4.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 14:13:04 »

Flitcroft also raised the prospect of playing him at Centre back, which was one of the reasons for looking at the right back slot.  He does strike me as someone who would fit more naturally at centre half, but that could just be because he doesn't look great as a right back.  Robertson has looked worrisome in his appearances thus far though and Lancashire is a walking free kick/penalty machine for referees at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 12:46:09 »

confirmed Sad

DAVE FLITCROFT 🗣️ | "Dion Conroy's injury is a cruciate knee ligament. An operation date hasn't been set yet."

#STFC

DF 🗣️ | "Dion's injury is long-term and that's how we're looking at it. There's not many free agents out there. We are looking currently."
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 13:22:37 »

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ex-leeds-united-youngster-four-494908

Out of these, who's your pick?
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 16:09:52 »

Ryan Taylor could potentially be a good signing bags of experience at all levels.

Joel Ekstrand is also a free agent but I'm not sure we could pay his wages
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 16:21:53 »

If they don't have a club, then they're not really in a position to be picky.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: