Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Telephone line Slamming  (Read 1595 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 18:18:18 »

Not from WWF or WWE or whatever it's called, but anyone heard of 'Slamming' a telephone line. One of our schools have had this done and it's going to take two weeks to get back online.

This is what I was told from the provider. No letter was received in the post.

I can say that the line appears to have been “slammed” and taken over unlawfully by a 3rd party ISP. This may have been deliberate or may have been in error but we will never know unless the school has received a letter from the gaining ISP saying they are taking over the line. We are going to move the broadband back to us but that will take a couple of weeks and we are waiting on confirmation from BT on the changeover date back.

It seems very strange you cannot find out who 'stole' the line.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 18:24:59 »

Isn't this the thing that used to be quite common in the Energy market, whereby middle re-sellers would claim a request to move had been received so that they could claim commission on sales.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 21:10:22 »

The provider the school has 'left' should have also sent a letter to say the school was leaving their service. Does seem strange.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 09:16:48 »

No letters received at the company or school...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 09:49:00 »

I know a guy who's pretty clued up on telephony things, especially with schools, so if you want me to put you in touch let me know.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 10:10:21 »

I know a guy who's pretty clued up on telephony things, especially with schools, so if you want me to put you in touch let me know.

Independent advice would be good....

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 10:14:31 »

PM me an email address and I'll make an introduction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: