Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Steven Age matchday thread  (Read 18116 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #75 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:24:27 »

A very welcome win and a good bit of play for the second goal.
Norris deserved mom. Purkiss did a couple of lovely passes in the first half. Gordon must hold the record of most fouls against with every one given the other way. The ref must have been on crack - totally fucking useless. That doesn't actually do him justice, fucking useless in a Kelvin Morton way.
Gordon and Anderson also impressed. A cb pairing of Lancashire and Robertson will concede goals for fun. We're still lacking a leader on the pitch.    
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:36:20 »

we've conceded 9 in 2 and a half games with robertson, this concerns me massively

It should, he's been very poor
Flashheart

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:38:07 »

Can Purkiss not slot in at CB? That Knoyle(sp) lad should be available soon.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:44:38 »

The scoreline didn't reflect the game at all.  We should have won that by a mile based on overall play and chances.  Instead it was far too close for comfort for the last 10 minutes or so.

As mentioned, we definitely missed Conroy defensively after he went off.  I really hope it's nothing serious.  Lancashire and Robertson between them are a liability.

Good to see Norris get mom, he worked hard throughout.

As a couple of asides, I had my bag searched going in and then orange tape put on the handle to signify it had been searched.  All a bit strange.  Secondly, what was with the constant tannoy tests through the game?  Surely you test them before?!

Think they were doing it after the London attack yesterday. Would rather they take extra precautions to be honest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:45:34 »

Stevenage were shit. Not much about them at all. We were comfortable.

That's how it should read.

What happened was we were by far the better team, yet still managed to concede two and make it nervy. The first through inept defending, the second an excellent free kick but from a dubiously soft obstruction.

Ref was a complete dick.  Didn't give two clear penalties, one for pulling and one for an identikit handball to the one he did give. Couldn't spot a legit tackle if it jumped up waving saying "i'm a legit tackle, I'm a legit tackle"

Norris was indeed excellent. Completely different player from last season. Confidence player? Found his level? Better fitness? No idea, don't care, just keep it up.

Oh, and Hussey was fucking lucky not to see red.
And Conroy looked buggered - ligaments I reckon, not sure if knee or ankle.

Secondly, what was with the constant tannoy tests through the game?  Surely you test them before?!

No idea, couldn't hear them in the DRS.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:47:50 by Batch » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:47:08 »

The scoreline didn't reflect the game at all.  We should have won that by a mile based on overall play and chances.  Instead it was far too close for comfort for the last 10 minutes or so.

As mentioned, we definitely missed Conroy defensively after he went off.  I really hope it's nothing serious.  Lancashire and Robertson between them are a liability.

As a couple of asides, I had my bag searched going in and then orange tape put on the handle to signify it had been searched.  All a bit strange.  Secondly, what was with the constant tannoy tests through the game?  Surely you test them before?!
The bag had an orange tag fitted to indicate that a steward had searched it - this was a response to the terrorist threat in view of the previous day's happenings at Parsons Green.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 18:56:55 »

The bag had an orange tag fitted to indicate that a steward had searched it - this was a response to the terrorist threat in view of the previous day's happenings at Parsons Green.
The orange tag may be, the searches aren't - I've had my bag searched every home game this season and been told by stewards to expect to be searched most games (before today)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 19:02:52 »

Do they do random drugs testing of the match officials as well as the players? Cos someone shd test that ref, he was fucking bonkers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 19:06:03 »

A very welcome win and a good bit of play for the second goal.
Norris deserved mom. Purkiss did a couple of lovely passes in the first half. Gordon must hold the record of most fouls against with every one given the other way. The ref must have been on crack - totally fucking useless. That doesn't actually do him justice, fucking useless in a Kelvin Morton way.
Gordon and Anderson also impressed. A cb pairing of Lancashire and Robertson will concede goals for fun. We're still lacking a leader on the pitch.   
Agree with all this, liked the Derby lad in the centre too, we look a lot better with the two Derby lads in the team, our defence is Liverpool-esque
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 20:48:14 »

The scoreline didn't reflect the game at all.  We should have won that by a mile based on overall play and chances.  Instead it was far too close for comfort for the last 10 minutes or so.

As mentioned, we definitely missed Conroy defensively after he went off.  I really hope it's nothing serious.  Lancashire and Robertson between them are a liability.

As a couple of asides, I had my bag searched going in and then orange tape put on the handle to signify it had been searched.  All a bit strange.  Secondly, what was with the constant tannoy tests through the game?  Surely you test them before?!

er.................there's a bomb alert at the moment - stick the telly on
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 20:55:05 »

The orange tag may be, the searches aren't - I've had my bag searched every home game this season and been told by stewards to expect to be searched most games (before today)
  The steward told my wife they were putting the tags on after the terrorist incident yesterday to cover their own asses that they had checked the bags.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 21:16:56 »

er.................there's a bomb alert at the moment - stick the telly on

er...............yes I'm not completely stupid.  It was the orange tag bit I found strange. 
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, September 16, 2017, 21:51:17 »

er...............yes I'm not completely stupid.  It was the orange tag bit I found strange. 

It's actually simple and a smart idea, if all bags that have been searched have orange tags, it's easier to spot ones that shouldn't be there, it's unlikely someone would do anything in Swindon but there are 2500 (ish) in the Arkells and the DR each so that's a lot of fatalities if it something was too happen.

A good result today, played well even though the ref did his best to try and help Stevenage, we seem to get the very worst of the refs unfortunately but got the result and that's all that matters.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, September 17, 2017, 08:27:18 »

I was surprised by the crowd. Looked low 5k to me.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, September 17, 2017, 09:08:26 »

Anderson would have been my MOTM yesterday.
Looked to play slightly behind Norris in the first half, whether this was part of a more measured approach at home or to a exploit a weakness in the opposition, it certainly worked.

Arguably Norris has upgraded from a bit of a donkey last season, albeit a willing one, into more of a dray horse this season, i.e. solid and dependable if a little plodding at times.
Still room for improvement in terms of hold up play, distribution and winning headers.
Hopefully this will come through the coaching and we might end up with a valuable destrier on our hands.  Smiley
Can't argue with a return of 5 league goals in 7 appearances though.
Early days, but has a chance of getting to 20 with pen taking as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: