Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things that you just can't do.  (Read 16288 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:02:57 »

I am convinced this an Emperor's New Clothes thing, and I'm not buying it, they are just patterns.
Its a sail boat
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 14:54:13 »

Magic eye. Never been able to do them and it rather annoys me.

Seen one once. Some sharks playing cards. Only ever one, though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 15:08:58 »

A
http://www.magiceye.com/faq_example.htm
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 15:43:56 »

Saturn right? Freaky thing is there's a programme about Saturn playing on the radio...   Eek

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 15:47:29 »

Saturn right? Freaky thing is there's a programme about Saturn playing on the radio...   Eek

I guess the French claim Cassini as all their own work  Hmmm
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 15:52:22 »

There's no way there's a Saturn in the picture.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 16:14:22 »

I've never been able to bring myself to rewatch the opening Normandy beach landing scene of 'Saving Private Ryan'.  I've never had to fight like that, but I imagine that the way the landings were depicted was as close to reality as you're ever likely to get.  The full horror and confusion of battle and, in particular, the way young lives could be casually erased in a split second, hit me right in the gut.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 18:28:58 »

Try walking around the cemeteries in Normandy. Even seeing the German ones interspersed with the allied ones is upsetting. Not ecause they are mixed in but because they to represent a tragic waste of young life. Not forgetting the ones from the first WW.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 19:20:22 »

Try walking around the cemeteries in Normandy. Even seeing the German ones interspersed with the allied ones is upsetting. Not ecause they are mixed in but because they to represent a tragic waste of young life. Not forgetting the ones from the first WW.

I broke up a few years ago wandering around the war graves in Bayeux.  The following day on the way back unintentionally we found ourselves going through the Somme.  Hugely melancholic seeing the signs of where the western front was at such a date and how long it had taken to move when the next sign came up.  Tragic waste of 2 generations.

Never knowingly overstated.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 21:05:39 »

I broke up a few years ago wandering around the war graves in Bayeux.  The following day on the way back unintentionally we found ourselves going through the Somme.  Hugely melancholic seeing the signs of where the western front was at such a date and how long it had taken to move when the next sign came up.  Tragic waste of 2 generations.
When I went to the American war graves & the Commonwealth wars graves at Bayeux the two things that really set me off was all the graves that said "known only to god" & the other thing is the double grave at Bayeux where a plane crashed and they couldn't separate the bodies
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:01:06 »

I went to Tynecot & Ypres a couple of years ago.

When you leave the Tynecot visitor centre and walk to the cemetery a large wall obscures your view, then you see the first grave and then every step you take the number of graves you see increases exponentially - this in itself brought me to tears.

And what is worse is that there are only 12k graves in Tynecot, another 36k names on the wall of bodies not found. Then another 55k of names on the walls and the Menin Gate. So roughly 100,000 dead soldiers so there are another 800,000 on top of that that died. Staggering, and that is just the Allies, you have the Jerries on top of that.

And mankind still likes to kill each other.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:26:52 »

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8832311/war-casualties-600-years
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 09:30:32 »

I would love to visit Ypres but I know seeing my great uncles name on the Menin Gate will bring me to tears, his body was never found.

He died 4 days after arriving in the first battle of Ypres in November 1914.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 11:30:51 »

I would love to visit Ypres but I know seeing my great uncles name on the Menin Gate will bring me to tears, his body was never found.

He died 4 days after arriving in the first battle of Ypres in November 1914.
If that's how much it means I would say that's all the more reason to do it JJ.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 15, 2017, 14:56:15 »

This (any part of it):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/41256544

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: