Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New EFL deal  (Read 3800 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 10:43:03 »

Noticed one part of the new Sky/EFL deal will allow clubs to live stream games via iFollow in England and Ireland outside of the Saturday 1500 KO times.

Would reduce midweek attendances even more.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 15:44:41 »

Noticed one part of the new Sky/EFL deal will allow clubs to live stream games via iFollow in England and Ireland outside of the Saturday 1500 KO times.

Would reduce midweek attendances even more.

Would it though? Who in their right mind would normally go to football, and has done for years, and then thinks "sod it, I'm going to watch a naff feed with no comms on my laptop instead"?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:00:17 »

Away fans especially. Cold, wet Tuesday evening and I would.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:01:11 »

Would it though? Who in their right mind would normally go to football, and has done for years, and then thinks "sod it, I'm going to watch a naff feed with no comms on my laptop instead"?
I would think a few may though mate. Look at our crowds recently, there are a few people out their who have lost a bit of interest,people i know who were season ticket holders for a long time. As it stands if they can sit and watch it home then they are even happier as they can still watch but now cheaper on a game by game basis. Don't get me wrong not loads but if it carrys on for a while then teams who are struggling may notice it more
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:10:47 »

Audrey's Bellend?

As far as Sky are concerned the viewing figures for EPL are down apparently.
The current deal might represent a watershed as far as the bidding for the next contract is concerned.

They can only squeeze the current subscribers so much before people start to get pissed off and cancel or move on.
Who knows, some might decide that watching their local team live is the preferred option.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:12:41 »

It's a bit of a struggle for me to get to any midweek games so I'd probably use it.
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:25:13 »

The benefits massively outweigh the negatives for me. I can't imagine there are many people who would choose iFollow over going, if going was a realistic option.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:27:03 »

The benefits massively outweigh the negatives for me. I can't imagine there are many people who would choose iFollow over going, if going was a realistic option.
Definately this.

If I didn't live 100 miles away from Swindon I would go to pretty much all home games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:43:03 »

If I'm not at a football match then I'm doing other stuff therefore I have zero interest in iFollow.

I would say that my football obsession/addiction/illness probably increases by the year yet I have an ever decreasing desire to watch televised matches. Perhaps that's because I don't have BT or Sky? The odd international and FA Cup tie does the job for me.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:47:49 by Costanza » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 16:43:46 »

I was thinking of going tonight but with a storm forecast I'll settle for watching on iFollow
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 18:23:29 »

I'm on an island and it's blowing a little. I think i'll be watching on ifollow...however Nottingham is my closest city back home and I would be at this tonight no doubt. I mirror previous comments; the Forest-Magpies rivalry is indeed pretty friendly. The way they see it is they both dislike Derby a lot more. How refreshing in a world of hate Smiley Also Notts has had a lot of bad press re: knife crime over the years. Always felt pretty safe in Notts and it's very cultural and very welcoming. There are always some who want to spoil the party but that is akin to every large city (and the small cities/large towns too). I was at the 3-0 win last time when Gladwin showed us the potential star he could be. It was a gutsy performance and Jordan Turnbull was like a man possessed! Remember him gripping a Notts County player around the throat when the rest of the players (ref/lino inc.) were further up field and it somehow went unnoticed. The Notts lot were incensed. Here's a pic of the away lot that day after the third went in, that i'm in. Who else is on it?

Anyway, I'll go for 1-2 and more dancing from Mullin.

* WhereIsBamboo.jpg (923.32 KB, 3456x2304 - viewed 261 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 18:46:22 »

You can't beat going to games.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: