Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 21498 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 16:18:56 »

Not true... it would only require 17 teams to be worse than us.

Good point, well made.
Blackpool made the play offs in 7th place with a meagre 70 points last term.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 17:23:12 »

and went on to win promotion
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 17:29:07 »

and went on to win promotion

And are now in the Div 3 PO slots.. shame we couldn't tempt Gary Bowyer, but seems he preferred working for the Oystens rather than Power.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, September 13, 2017, 20:26:23 »

What worries me, on a purely personal level, is that I always thought winning football was enough for me to turn up on a regular basis.

But with the poor quality I've seen so far I can't summon the enthusiasm to go Saturday. Things may change, I suppose, if we believe the team are still 'bedding in'. I want to go, honestly.
Stevens

« Reply #139 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 07:04:35 »

What worries me, on a purely personal level, is that I always thought winning football was enough for me to turn up on a regular basis.

But with the poor quality I've seen so far I can't summon the enthusiasm to go Saturday. Things may change, I suppose, if we believe the team are still 'bedding in'. I want to go, honestly.

That sums up how I feel and unfortunately many who sit near me.
A home games costs £50 in total, will probably be watching the premier 12.30 kick off in future.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 10:25:10 »

It will be interesting to see the gate on Saturday, my feeling v Barnet was we're just about down to the hardcore of about 5000, hopefully it won't be much down on that otherwise we're in real trouble.  We need a win doesn't matter how ugly.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 12:04:15 »

It will be interesting to see the gate on Saturday, my feeling v Barnet was we're just about down to the hardcore of about 5000, hopefully it won't be much down on that otherwise we're in real trouble.  We need a win doesn't matter how ugly.

Agreed.  It's no surprise that people are becoming less enthusiastic about turning up at the County Ground when you consider our league results there so far this year:

D D L L D W L L W D D L D L L  Goals scored 12 Goals conceded 21
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, September 14, 2017, 18:17:24 »

Agreed.  It's no surprise that people are becoming less enthusiastic about turning up at the County Ground when you consider our league results there so far this year:

D D L L D W L L W D D L D L L  Goals scored 12 Goals conceded 21

Only in 2 of those games have we scored more than a goal... 2 in losing to Sheff U, and 3 v Gills. 7 goals in the other 13.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: