Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luton Town vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24866 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, September 10, 2017, 18:34:05 »

From a Luton forum 

Not condoning it but I love a bit of Sol Smiley

Yet we sold Sol and kept Duke? Smh
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, September 10, 2017, 21:01:40 »

Anybody on here go? How did Dunne do in place of Linganzi? Seems as though Elsnik was impressive from what I've read. Did DF mention how far off Knoyle & Goddard are?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, September 10, 2017, 22:00:42 »

Anybody on here go? How did Dunne do in place of Linganzi? Seems as though Elsnik was impressive from what I've read. Did DF mention how far off Knoyle & Goddard are?
I personally thought Elsnik looked rather apprehensive and indecisive but would assume he will improve given time. Wouldn't describe his performance yesterday as impressive - not terrible though. Dunne did OK, not sure what you mean by 'in place of' Linganzi though when they've been playing together.  Don't think kk and jg are too far away from being available.
Panda Paws

« Reply #123 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 08:10:25 »

Very aggressive line-up by DF, with basically a front 4.

How did Conroy play? I've not seen us since pre-season and he looked much better than Robertson, and the home results (the BArnet game in particular) seem to back that up.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #124 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 08:22:49 »

Very aggressive line-up by DF, with basically a front 4.

How did Conroy play? I've not seen us since pre-season and he looked much better than Robertson, and the home results (the BArnet game in particular) seem to back that up.

Very well i thought. He got stuck in and very defensively aware on saturday.

Must say i though Elsnick despite what others have said looked very good. Bought a  calmness and looked very composed.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #125 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 08:23:37 »

I personally thought Elsnik looked rather apprehensive and indecisive but would assume he will improve given time. Wouldn't describe his performance yesterday as impressive - not terrible though. Dunne did OK, not sure what you mean by 'in place of' Linganzi though when they've been playing together.  Don't think kk and jg are too far away from being available.
Didn't he drop Dunne the last 2 games, thought he looked much better with a ball playing midfielder along side him
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 08:23:42 »

I went and thoroughly enjoyed it. First game of the season and it was good to see a Town team with a bit of fight and passion.

I thought that down the left side Hussey and Mullin teamed up really well and seemed to have a good read of each other’s movements and the game as a whole. I didn't quite have the same confidence down the right.  Both Lancashire and Conroy look solid - in fact the back 4 as a whole look well organised and limited Luton to only a handful of half chances - which bearing in mind Luton were joint top scorers in League 2  - was a pretty good (albeit down to 10 men).

Going forward I would I liked to seen Woolery exploit the space the left sending off gave us more and sometimes the decision making was woeful but I am sure that will come. Taylor did nothing apart from one peach of a cross.

Overall, a good day out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 11:30:25 »

Was there some bother, I only know as a mate linked me to a video from one of those 'away days' groups on Facebook suggesting that Swindon fans attacked Luton in a pub or cafe or something and sarcastically asking if I was involved.
EldeneRed

« Reply #128 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 11:39:36 »

Luton is a bit like Manchester Road, if it was a whole Town.

Decent atmosphere, best of all the games so far this season. Their fans even sang a bit when they were losing.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:13:26 »

Didn't he drop Dunne the last 2 games, thought he looked much better with a ball playing midfielder along side him
Yes of course Don, my bad. I think I'd blanked the previous two games from my consciousness... sorry Freddie 😉 I thought he did OK ...ran around a lot, closed men down etc etc...'dogging' as Andy King used to call it. Loved the look of Conroy as well.

Edit: I meant ratting, not dogging 😎
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #130 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:16:46 »

Was there some bother, I only know as a mate linked me to a video from one of those 'away days' groups on Facebook suggesting that Swindon fans attacked Luton in a pub or cafe or something and sarcastically asking if I was involved.

Apparently we took "ahem" a mob there.

Two threads about it here.

http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/msg/1505057465.html

http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/msg/1505031882.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:22:15 »

Fuck me the format of those forums is shit, reminds me of the good old Myonly Swindon site?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #132 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:26:08 »

Fuck me the format of those forums is shit, reminds me of the good old Myonly Swindon site?
It is isn't it!

Looks like they will be getting their own back come Boxing Day at the CG.

Mind you Luton do have a bit of a reputation for having some twats following them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/latest-banning-order-figures-reveal-9324163
« Last Edit: Monday, September 11, 2017, 12:29:12 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 13:29:14 »

Wow there's a blast from the past...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, September 11, 2017, 13:37:59 »

In Luton, it's 2002.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: