Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When the seagulls follow a trawler  (Read 23583 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, September 1, 2017, 15:34:02 »

You are all so needy!  You'll be moaning you didn't get enough house points next.

House Walsingham  at St Joe's, we were crap.

Remember being lined up and castigated, along with 2 or 3 others for refusing to be prefect's.

Speaking of standing up to "authority", hope you are well prepared for the alternative Kim Jong-un "Fire & Fury" tour of North America. Tickets on sale soon.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, September 1, 2017, 16:16:47 »

Yeah we work closely with our support, which does make for a much smoother process. You do get some devs, unfortunately, who refuse to accept change and live in the 'dark ages'. Questioning their code is like telling them you're gonna murder their family.

I work in this area and the majority of hardware/software devs I meet are like that. Also best not to get them to Frontline support their own code. They typically don't have the... 'ahem'... patience for that...

Once had a dev swear down to me there was nothing wrong and then went behind my back to the MD suggesting we replace a full set of virtual hosts because they were "obviously faulty." Turns out he'd left a bracket open in his code...

Of course there are exceptions. But theres a certain mentality of 'just buy a new one' that really gets on my tits at times.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, September 1, 2017, 17:09:28 »

Serious question Posh Red, if you are in it as a job and it bores you then why don't you have a change of career to something you will like?

Several reasons

1) A bit late in life to make that change, hoping to retire in a couple of years.
2) I don't dislike my job, (it's more of a management role now), but find computers dull.
3) I work for a pretty decent company and really like the people I work with
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, September 1, 2017, 21:08:51 »

Quote from: Tails
You do get some devs, unfortunately, who refuse to accept change and live in the 'dark ages'. Questioning their code is like telling them you're gonna murder their family.

Some people get very protective over their code don't they. if* someone can improve mine, go ahead .

* no question, three they can!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: