Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs West Ham U21s  (Read 15819 times)
EldeneRed

« on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:41:45 »

Thought I'd start a thread as nobody else has. Boycotting this one today, but it will be interesting to hear how the lads perform.
EldeneRed

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:46:23 »

TOWN STARTING XI:
Henry, Purkiss, Conroy, Lancashire, Hussey, Iandolo, Dunne, Linganzi, McDermott, Norris, Woolery

SUBS:
Robertson, Thomas, T Smith, Brophy, Twine, Mullin, H Smith

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:49:13 »

I've liked what Flitcroft has said so far, but today's stuff reported in the Adver re this game, could have come straight out of Luke's mouth.

OK, I get he's toeing the party line, but if you want to be regarded as a gruff norverner who speaks as he sees, this was a good opportunity.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:55:36 »

Flitcroft strikes me as more of a man that just wants to get the job done rather than getting involved in politics. Luke's main problem was not being able to get the 'just get the job done' bit right.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:58:51 »

I've liked what Flitcroft has said so far, but today's stuff reported in the Adver re this game, could have come straight out of Luke's mouth.

OK, I get he's toeing the party line, but if you want to be regarded as a gruff norverner who speaks as he sees, this was a good opportunity.

Reg, the vast majority of those inside football don't give two hoots about yours on my views on the tournament.  It's another game on the schedule, one that some of them will probably get excited by.  Even those that do speak out tend to be against the fixture congestion and not the format.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 17:59:57 »

TOWN STARTING XI:
Henry, Purkiss, Conroy, Lancashire, Hussey, Iandolo, Dunne, Linganzi, McDermott, Norris, Woolery

SUBS:
Robertson, Thomas, T Smith, Brophy, Twine, Mullin, H Smith

Strong team, if WH play as they did last season (no wins and 1 draw in the 3 matches) then we should have enough about us for the win, I can't be bothered to listen to it, if WHTV was covering it live, as Chelsea did last season in the similar tie, then I may have watched it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:01:15 »

Luke Williams positively wanked over young premier league players getting games.

Anyway as long as nobody gets injured that's all I care about.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:09:45 »

Anyway as long as nobody gets injured that's all I care about.
This.

Boycotting but hope Town win well.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:11:05 »

Flitcroft strikes me as a guy who say he hated the tournament if that's what he thought, suspect his comments were genuine and I can see why they would be from his point of view.

For most clubs it's useful for giving squad players a run out in the early stages. Plenty of reasons for the clubs to favour it more than 95% of us lot do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:40:24 »

Flitcroft strikes me as a guy who say he hated the tournament if that's what he thought, suspect his comments were genuine and I can see why they would be from his point of view.

For most clubs it's useful for giving squad players a run out in the early stages. Plenty of reasons for the clubs to favour it more than 95% of us lot do.

We played a cup game last week where we could only field 4 subs, because of players carrying knocks... we've a big game at the weekend, against Morecambe who've started well. We don't have the option of rotating much, so it's a game we don't need.

Strikes me that Flitters is probably talking with his Leicester U 23 hat on... namely toe the line as there's good jobs to be had at that level, should STFC go tits up.  I don't blame him... but just can't see how in any way he might think tonight a worthwhile exercise.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:43:53 »

Probably because we had such a last minute pre-season fixture list so another game helps bed in the patterns of play etc.  Plus, the club was supportive of the new format and probably expressed a desire to do well given the prospect of a Wembley final.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:49:27 »

0-1 Martin Samuelsen
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:53:27 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:50:21 »

Probably because we had such a last minute pre-season fixture list so another game helps bed in the patterns of play etc.  Plus, the club was supportive of the new format and probably expressed a desire to do well given the prospect of a Wembley final.

You're not selling it to me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 18:57:42 »

I'm not trying, I hate the thing and isn't that goalscorer a large bearded Sun columnist?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 19:08:41 »

Boycott from me.

I want us out asap.

No injuries and give some youngins a run out for me.

I thought Power voted against the successful new format for this season?

Shall we guess the gate..? 2100

NO disrespect to any who go...just not for me.

Clems Army!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: