Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23504 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 18:56:48 »

A quick question to all those who thought we didn't have the goals in us: Where do you stand now?
I never really understood that assessment. We scored goals in pre-season, our strikers scored goals. But we don't have goals in us...
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 18:58:32 »

I never really understood that assessment. We scored goals in pre-season, our strikers scored goals. But we don't have goals in us...

same people who said we should start Smith over Norris, Smith looks like Norris did last season and Norris has definitely had a massive change, Smith needs an injection of confidence.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 19:31:22 »

First half we were all over the place, but much better in the second half when Norris and Woolery came on.  It's refreshing to see Flitcroft making the changes at half time instead of waiting until the 80th minute or when we were 2-0 down like we're used to happening.  Norris looks a different player and Woolery will cause mayhem for defenders

There's work to do still especiallybetween midfield and defense, but they're still getting used to each other.  4 points out of 6, happy with that.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:15:43 »

First half we were all over the place, but much better in the second half when Norris and Woolery came on.  It's refreshing to see Flitcroft making the changes at half time instead of waiting until the 80th minute or when we were 2-0 down like we're used to happening.  Norris looks a different player and Woolery will cause mayhem for defenders

There's work to do still especiallybetween midfield and defense, but they're still getting used to each other.  4 points out of 6, happy with that.
As fans we want to win every single game but only Coventry have maximum points and we're only 2 games in. So...basically...yeah...you have to be happy with that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:24:00 »

Quote from: Flashheart
A quick question to all those who thought we didn't have the goals in us: Where do you stand now?
I said that but I've not seen us play yet in anger. Not seen Smith or Woolery, and in preseason thought Norris looked as carthorse as ever he did last season .

Obviously happy to be proven wrong thus far!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:30:02 »

I said that but I've not seen us play yet in anger. Not seen Smith or Woolery, and in preseason thought Norris looked as carthorse as ever he did last season .

But...cart horse or not, he still scored goals, as did the team in general...hence my puzzlement as to why people said/still say we don't have goals in us.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:32:25 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:33:30 »

As fans we want to win every single game but only Coventry have maximum points and we're only 2 games in. So...basically...yeah...you have to be happy with that.

Exciting times for Cov fans.  They're one of probably only 2 eligible teams who've never been in the PO's... t'other is Oxford.

In fact Cov haven't finished in the top 6 of a Div since 69/70 when they finished 6th in Div 1.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:36:38 »

Well if that's two of the best teams in the league it's going to be a long season. Fucking terrible standard and I was bored shitless in the first half. Norris is twice the player he was last year, Brophy is still fucking wank and Woolery looks a class above.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:53:25 »

http://www.skysports.com/…/foot…/10985970/swindon-1-1-exeter

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:55:58 »

Still cant work out why our first 'goal' was disallowed

Never knowingly overstated.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 20:58:09 »

Still cant work out why our first 'goal' was disallowed

Handball but it looked to come off the face of the defender
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #101 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 21:16:37 »

Maybe I missed football or maybe its a reaction to the total pile of shite served up recently but I enjoyed today. It was good to see us come up against a decent team and compete. I think Exeter will be there or thereabouts and we're still gelling. I was happy enough with it and saw some encouraging signs. My real worry was the central midfield 2 being overran where our wide players were no help. This wasn't really addressed in the second half but Norris and Woolery gave us a massive boost. Mullin looks a busy player. I've already defended Dunne and hopefully Norris will continue. He looks full of confidence.
The real thing that gives me hope though is a sense of togetherness. The players all seem to want to play for the manager. The fans, in parts were very good today. A 7795 crowd is very decent.
My glass is half full and I'm a miserable bastard in the Reg camp. I have had a beer or two. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 21:37:14 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR

But...cart horse or not, he still scored goals, as did the team in general...hence my puzzlement as to why people said/still say we don't have goals in us.

can only speak for myself, but I didn't take Supermarine and Melksham as representative opposition...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 22:38:50 »

Looking at those highlights what the fuck was our first half 'goal' disallowed for. None of their players appealed and I can't see a handball for the life of me. The DRS Lino was clueless all game but was waving his flag around like he'd clearly seen something and I can't see anything at all.

Also surprised no one has mentioned it but that high challenge from them that caused the cut to our defenders head could quite easily have been a red, was totally reckless to go in with a boot that high. Seen quite a number of their fans getting worked up when we didn't give the ball back when Norris got kicked in the head defending a corner. Not being funny but everyone in the ground (besides the red) could see it was a high foot and therefore a foul so why should we give it back?!
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 23:40:49 by theakston2k » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, August 13, 2017, 08:53:44 »

The foul wasn't given though Theakston. The ref only stopped the game as Norris had a head knock so he was forced to stop the game and give a 'drop ball' which Vigs basically just picked up. For me the correct course of action would have been to whack the ball down the field out of play and give Exeter the ball back as THEY had the ball when the game was stopped. Instead Vigs took advantage and started an attack. I would have been livid had that happened to us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: