Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23508 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:03:34 »

Defensively we were good, midfield had a lot of misplaced passes but Lingzani and Dunne won a lot of balls in there, think Lingzani going to be my favourite playe - gets himself stuck in. Smith didn't do much and Mullin worked the flank well but Norris and Woolery changed the game, Norris' hold up play and determination won a lot of balls and Woolery's pace was brilliant although he should have had 2.

Overall, more than happy with a point considering the slow start we had and 2 long away days in quick succession.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:05:33 »

Thought Dunne was everywhere too. e from last season and 4 points. 

Bit harsh as first time I've seen him but thought Dunne was poor and looked a very limited player.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:08:03 »

Last season we would have folded dramatically after conceding their goal, good to see the fight is there.

Woolery was just class. So quick.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:20:27 »

The second half XI for 90 minutes would have won the game today. Nice to see some fight back at STFC
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:21:54 »

It was shit. League 2 is shit.

It's All Good..............
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:22:41 »

Oh and James Dunne was fucking terrible. He made some good challenges but he gave the ball away so often I wondered if he owed Tisdale a favour.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:33:44 »

It was shit. League 2 is shit.

I think it may take a bit of time for this to sink in.

After the last couple of seasons we're starting more or less from scratch, progress is likely to be a slow and bumpy ride.

As a few have pointed out, last season we'd have likely lost, so got to regarded as a little bit of progress.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:38:48 »

I think Exeter can feel hard done by today. Thought the 2 shouts for goals from corners where the ball could have been over the line were tight and their sub hit a corking drive off the post. I think Exeter will be up there this season.

For us, I thought Dunne was good first half but abysmal second. Lingazi, a poor man's Rohan Ince? Hussey is possibly the slowest footballer I have seen but positives were the performances of Mullin, who is a fucking pest and Norris and Woolery. Norris is a new man and his hold up play was excellent. Woolery looks a class act, pace and a fine finish. Did stand out but that's what you get from a 350k player in a team of journeymen.

Finally how refreshing was it to see our captain, Olly Lancashire take a kick to the head, no histrionics trying to get the Exeter player sent off, just sprinted down the tunnel to get his blood mopped up and his bandage on and back involved. As others have said, no nonsense players at the back is refreshing to see at this level.

Not a lot of football played by us today but the team are still gelling. We'll be there or thereabouts I reckon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:51:43 »

4 points from 2 games from an unfinished squad that has only had non league friendlies to gel is pretty impressive in my book. Good start.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:53:19 »

4 points from 2 games against 2 teams from last seasons play offs is a hell of a start it you ask me. We will only get better.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 17:58:22 »

4 points from 2 games from an unfinished squad that has only had non league friendlies to gel is pretty impressive in my book. Good start.

Oldham and Benfica non league?  Wink
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 18:06:21 »

I think Exeter can feel hard done by today. Thought the 2 shouts for goals from corners where the ball could have been over the line were tight and their sub hit a corking drive off the post. I think Exeter will be up there this season.

For us, I thought Dunne was good first half but abysmal second. Lingazi, a poor man's Rohan Ince? Hussey is possibly the slowest footballer I have seen but positives were the performances of Mullin, who is a fucking pest and Norris and Woolery. Norris is a new man and his hold up play was excellent. Woolery looks a class act, pace and a fine finish. Did stand out but that's what you get from a 350k player in a team of journeymen.

Finally how refreshing was it to see our captain, Olly Lancashire take a kick to the head, no histrionics trying to get the Exeter player sent off, just sprinted down the tunnel to get his blood mopped up and his bandage on and back involved. As others have said, no nonsense players at the back is refreshing to see at this level.

Not a lot of football played by us today but the team are still gelling. We'll be there or thereabouts I reckon.

Think that's a pretty fair assessment. Seen some stick for Vigs but I thought he did well today. Distribution good (set up the goal) and had to deal with some really dangerous corners.
Flashheart

« Reply #87 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 18:07:02 »

A quick question to all those who thought we didn't have the goals in us: Where do you stand now?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 18:27:13 »

Think that's a pretty fair assessment. Seen some stick for Vigs but I thought he did well today. Distribution good (set up the goal) and had to deal with some really dangerous corners.

Yeah Exeter's corner delivery was wicked today.

Unfortunately looks like Vigs injured his foot towards the end of the game sadly. Hopefully nothing serious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 18:54:48 »

Oldham and Benfica non league?  Wink
...and Derby..and Bristol Rovers...apart from that though  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: