Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23602 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 15:21:00 »

1-1 Woolery

Worth every penny.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 15:21:24 »

Woolery has scored, but Norris has made a difference
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #62 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 15:22:31 »

Norris and Woolery sound like they are linking up really well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #63 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 15:32:09 »

Another good chance for Woolery.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 15:38:21 »

Shouting by the pool in Florida, c'mon you reds!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #65 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 15:58:39 »

1-1 FT a bit disappointing but we didn't lose.

Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:00:58 »

It's good to see a decent fightback after a poor start.

In recent years, we'd have lost that.

Also good that Norris and Woolery seem to be on the same page already.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Panda Paws

« Reply #67 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:05:41 »

Much much better second half. Woolery, Mullin and Norris look a real threat as a 3. Add JG and we'll be a serious force going forward. Thought Dunne was everywhere too. Not too sure on Linganzi but we have depth there with T Smith and Thomas.

Negatives. Brophy just doesn't have enough quality. Missed Conroy and not sure on Robbo/Purkiss. H Smith has been pretty anonymous so far and again today.

Onwards. 2 of the best three teams left in this league from last season and 4 points. 90 mins of Woolery and Norris and we'd have won that.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:11:08 by Panda Paws » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:11:35 »

Much much better second half. Woolery, Mullin and Norris look a real threat as a 3. Add JG and we'll be a serious force going forward. Thought Dunne was everywhere too. Not too sure on Linganzi but we have depth there with T Smith and Thomas.

Negatives. Brophy just doesn't have enough quality. Missed Conroy and not sure on Robby/Purkiss. H Smith has been pretty anonymous so far and again today.

Onwards. 2 of the best three teams left in this league from last season and 4 points. 90 mins of Woolery and Norris and we'd have won that.
Pretty much this. Looking forward Brophy will be sub at best as he is just a liability and could quite easily have cost us the game by not being switched on or poor decision making.
Need to tighten up at the back and stop gaps appearing between the defence and midfield. We will score goals though and that'll mean we should be up there or there about.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:22:41 »

Flitcroft RE: Woolery. "I've been watching him for 8months. He's not just landed here from Pluto!"

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:28:29 »

We were shit, Exeter unfortunate not to win. I sincerely hope that was a blip from dunne today, his performance would have made Michael pook blush.

Woolery looked lively when he came on, as did Norris. Liked the look of mullin too. But unless the centre of the park gets a bit more about it I fear we may not be as commanding in this league as I'd hoped

Things get better but they never get good
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:29:16 »

Point won rather than two dropped.  Poor first half, we couldn't put it together at all, start of the second half we looked like a championship winning side for 20 mins before slipping back.  Vigs not at his best at times, defence has no pace in it at all and could cost us, midfield don't look physically strong but the second half pairing of Norris and Woolery will frighten many teams when they are both 100% fit.  Brophy was a bit of an enigma, first half on the right and with no right foot cut inside all the time, looked better on the left second half before being subbed.  Not impressed with Dunne, thought his distribution was poor although that could be aimed at several of the team today.  Early days, plenty of promise when they settle down but i fancy Exeter may finish above us at the end of the season.  
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:29:59 »

This is an interesting point.... these days because of player churn, I'm not sure that teams carry much forward from the previous year, but I suppose it is possible that both Carlisle and Exeter could go well this season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:39:28 »

What's happened to Norris? Looks a completely different player - fantastic 45 mins from him. Woolery will burn up this league.

Poor midfield with poor distribution and positioning - needs some creativity in their, possibly Goddard.

Defence is the polar opposite of last season - hot potato, get rid.

Thought Exeter were terrific. All in all an undeserved point.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #74 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:45:16 »

I enjoyed that. I thought they were better in the first half but we were better in the second. Brophy and McDermott were both crap today and Dunne and Linganzi had too much to do. Exeter exploited this. I disagree about Dunne. I thought he was decent today, a couple of bad passes but he gets around a bit and I can see him being a real asset once the team gels. Linganzi drifts in and out and really needs a lot of time on the ball but thats what Div 4 gets you. I'm going to enjoy seeing Woolery play. Norris was decent too.
I'd have taken a draw before the game and we;ll see a lot worse sides than Exeter this season.
I saw a lot of promise today - mostly based on second half. Its a team still gelling.    
Oh and Vigs was very poor today.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 16:49:31 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: