Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Luton away  (Read 20116 times)
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 16:16:14 »

Having been to Lutons away end i can honestly say no matter what is on the game it will not be one of the best away days!!

One of the best away ends going.  

10 years back they were looking to move to a plastic monodrome pit on the M1.  Now that would be a shit awayday.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 10:16:38 »

Probably a long shot - but is anyone travelling to this from Reading area?

PS - doesn't look like a 6 pointer anymore!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 10:28:27 »

PS - doesn't look like a 6 pointer anymore!

This is looking more like some of pre-Christmas away games last season, where damage limitation was the order of the day.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:16:16 »

I have a feeling I could be on my own !
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:29:28 »

Undecided about going to this game, Luton is a horrible little ground, we have had a few good wins there over the years my favourite one being in 1980 when Rowland & Williams scored in front of a near full house in the FA cup when they were a good Divi 2 side and us in Div 3.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:36:03 »

Undecided about going to this game, Luton is a horrible little ground, we have had a few good wins there over the years my favourite one being in 1980 when Rowland & Williams scored in front of a near full house in the FA cup when they were a good Divi 2 side and us in Div 3.

That was my first away game, i remember it well.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:36:21 »

I have a feeling I could be on my own !

You won't be, we're going
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 18:37:54 »

Undecided about going to this game, Luton is a horrible lovely little ground, we have had a few good wins there over the years my favourite one being in 1980 when Rowland & Williams scored in front of a near full house in the FA cup when they were a good Divi 2 side and us in Div 3.

Fixed it for you.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 19:44:56 »

This is looking more like some of pre-Christmas away games last season, where damage limitation was the order of the day.

Last time we won the first two away games was a promotion season, 2006-07 when the third one was also a win.
Then again, the last failure to win any of the first three home games was 1999-00 which was a relegation season.

Not sure what to make of it all at the moment.
Saturday should be interesting.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 4, 2017, 20:59:47 »

Not sure what to make of it all at the moment.
I wouldn't think too hard about it all just yet, WB.

5 league games gone and the transfer window just closed. Give it another 5 games when we may have a better idea about the starting 11, formation, fitness and tactics.

A draw Saturday would be massive - a point against a promotion favourite and, more importantly, evidence that Flitcroft can arrest a losing run. I'm not expecting it though!
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 08:43:51 »

It would be very Swindon town get something at Luton.

Still think last week was a blip to ask 16 new players to bed them selves in, in 8 weeks is a bit much of an ask. Silly errors will stop in time. To many good players not to challenge.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 09:38:39 »

Do they still have those portakabins on the far side of the pitch?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 15:00:41 »

I remember the game - it was my first season watching the Town and what a season. I had to look it up to jog my memory, but Steve White, Jake Findlay and Dave Moss all played for Luton in that game.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 15:04:34 »

Fixed it for you.
Seriously? have you ever been there? its an awful shithole of a ground.

Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 15:05:25 »

Do they still have those portakabins on the far side of the pitch?

Yes they do

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: