Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Aizlewood  (Read 1016 times)
Audrey's Bellend

+14/-56

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 11:41:08 »

Passed away 4 years ago Sunday gone. RIP, fella.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 11:44:59 by Audrey's Bellend » Logged
Private Fraser

+4/-6

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 11:54:47 »

Yes.  RIP.

A good action pic here among some famous faces..... but is that his brother Mark, though?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-newport-county-defender-steve-5674179

Edit:  Hmm?  Although it looks like Steve, according to this it was brother Mark who played in that game: http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19740702

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 12:12:41 by Private Fraser » Logged
Audrey's Bellend

+14/-56

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 11:57:06 »

I'd forgotten how fierce Frank Burrows looked!
chalkies_shorts

+25/-29

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 13:22:54 »

Aizlewood was one of my earliest heroes. Him and Burrows made a very formidable pairing. They wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in Luke Williams team though.

"This song put me in the middle of the road. Travelling there soon became a bore so I headed for the ditch. A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+39/-134

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 13:34:51 »

Aizlewood was one of my earliest heroes. Him and Burrows made a very formidable pairing. They wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in Luke Williams team though.

Seeing as how they never played a league game together... I reckon even Luke would have had doubts about their phantom partnership... maybe not though  Hmmm
chalkies_shorts

+25/-29

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 14:01:26 »

Seeing as how they never played a league game together... I reckon even Luke would have had doubts about their phantom partnership... maybe not though  Hmmm
I'm sure they did in season 76/77 and for a few games as well. Will have to look it up. I knew I was losing it but .......................

"This song put me in the middle of the road. Travelling there soon became a bore so I headed for the ditch. A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there."
chalkies_shorts

+25/-29

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 14:32:26 »

Should never have doubted you Reg. My memory has gone. It was the Proph with Aizlewood. What was I thinking. Doh!

Peter Venkman

+31/-55

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 12, 2017, 13:52:01 »

Just back from a week up holidaying in the highlands to see this, RIP big man, one of my all time favourite Town defenders.

"Fools," said I, "You do not know:
Silence, like a cancer, grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you.
Take my arms that I might reach you."

But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
And the words that it was forming
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print